so im interesting in getting a friend for zentor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lola13

Reaction score
Hello,

so im a pretty new bun owner, my boyfriend and i got zentor in late november. He is now almost 8 months or so and i have been wondering if getting a friend for him would benifit him. He is pretty shy,causious and not agressive in anyway.he was nutured about a month ago and he is a very good boy. my boyfriend is going to be starting work in the next week or so and i will be at home all day pretty much alone (except for with my little guy zentor and my room mate who is starting work next month). now because he is so shy i was wondering if having a girlfriend would help break him out of his shell. I was also wondering if he got a friend if he would just ignor me completely. like the two of them would not need a human friend. He is a netherland dwarf and i wanted to get either a holland lop or another netherland dwarf. when putting two buns together should they both be alterned first before tring to bond them? or is it ok to introduce them before the girl is altered as long as he is. any advice on wheather getting another bun would be good for him is apperciated. thanks for the time!

-Alora

Both rabbits should be altered before attempting a bond. A unspayed female can be very viscious with a male. You might want to go to a shelter that allows your rabbit to pick from the shelter rabbits and choose his own friend. Most shelter rabbits are already altered,

It is possible that bonding may make your rabbit a little more interested in his new girlfriend than in you but if you consistently interact with both of them that may not be the case.

Bonding is not done all at once but is done slowly and in stages to make sure that both rabbits do get along and no fighting occurs.
Library info ...

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12072&forum_id=17

We got George from a friend then Belle from a rabbit rescue,they took George in and bonded them togther at the rescue centre.Bonding is a long process depending on the buns and can be difficult at times,do you have a rescue near you that would help with bonding? as a new bunny owner it was great having very bunny experienced people to do the bonding.
George had been neutered 2 months before Belle and they bonded about 2 wks after she was neutered.All is calm on the bonding front here now they have been together now 2 weeks

You are located very close to Amy Spintman, who runs Cats, Rabbits and More. She is a great person and I know that she would be happy to help you find the right friend for Zentor. If you contact Amy, tell her the Patti from Gainesville Rabbit Rescue referred you.

I know that I have plently of time and patients to give to the buns, but i guess my real question is how do i know if he wants a bunny friend. at the place i got him he was in a cage by himself, and the girl told me that maybe he would be less shy as an only bun. but i just dont know what behavior they do that would make a person think they need a friend.

thank you patti, i will indeed. i will probally go and check it out sometime next week. the problem with me adopting is that i just turned 20 last novemeber, and before i got zentor i read that you had to be 21 or somthing to adopt. not sure why thats a rule, ive been living on my own for almost 2 years now and have plenty for time and energry to put into a pet. :p oh well, maybe they can let my boyfriend adopt him. haha (he's 22)

Forgot to say our George is just as affectionate with us even after being bonded with Belle he will run over to us.He did not show any yearning to have a bun friend but i thought it would be good for him,they are room buddies really not husbun and wife LOL she licks him and he refuses to do it back,mean bun !!:nope::biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back