So.. I'm getting a bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayota

Reaction score
I went to the pet store this morning and looked but decided not to get one because they were in disgusting conditions and I thought it would be best to wait until after my rat passes on... Well... Looks like I'm not waiting, as my coworker and I got to talking about bunnies and she told me that she needs a really good home for hers... And it was free with good quality pellets and all the other necessities... How the heck could I ever pass that up when I've wanted a bun for so long anyway?!

That's wonderful! You should never buy from pet stores anyway. Even when the conditions look fine, the rabbits often aren't. Congratulations on your upcoming bunny!

Yeah, I figured that--I've had a nightmare getting rats at pet stores. Unfortunately the pickings are slim around here when it comes to small animals. I was going to pick a bunny up at a nearby rabbit show instead of the pet store but this happened!

It's tricky figuring out where to look for alternatives, but they certainly exist! Rabbit shows are good. So are shelters and craigslist. You can also find breeders in your area by Googling the word "rabbitry" and where you live. It looks like everything has fallen into place! It's nice that she'll give you the cage and supplies. That stuff can get expensive.

Yeah it can. My bun was going to live in my preexisting playpen but I use that for my Chihuahua right now so it'll be nice to have the cage!

Latest posts

Back