So I had...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypusstar

Reaction score
So i had this idea and i was wondering what ya'll thought of it.

i was thinking about taking some banana chunks and putting a little honey on it and then sticking an apple wood stick through it and kind of making a popcicle out of it. after letting it sit in the freezer or fridge for a little. mainly because i dont want the honey getting into Ceasers fur XD that would be a mess. but anyways, i just wanted to know what you guys thought, and if you had any fun ideas for treats you wouldnt mind sharing =D

im not sure about the frezzing it on a cold day lol. but thats a really good idea!

I would think that honey on banana would be too much sugar and could cause stomach upset?

For a cold treat, I have heard of people freezing pure canned pumpkin.

Yeah, honey's too much sugar for bunnies. I give my guys frozen cranberries (or other berries) when it's hot as a treat.

hmm my friend Kat said her bunnies loved honey, so i figured it would be a neat idea. and alot of pet store treats have honey in it too. Yeah maybe too much honey would be upsetting for the stomach, but i was thinking just a little bit =)

Defintiely try frozen pumpkin for a treat! :) My guys love it! Although I do let it thaw out just a bit so they don't hurt their teeth.

I avoid super sugary foods at all cost. The most my guys get is the occasional piece of apple or banana.. the treats from the store are extremely unhealthy and are 100% not meant to be fed to bunnies! Not healthy at the least. So when there are alternatives such as pumpkin (lots of fiber and healthy).. always good to go with those instead!

oooh ok lol. makes since. i just gave him a little bit of honey on his toy so he would get interested in that instead of trying to chew on the carpet. and i gave him a small bit of banana, other then that hes been munching on fresh basil =3 he loves it!

My Vet told us that we could give a little honey mixed with his medicationto Buttercup, he loved it. We didn't give him alot but he sure licked his little lips.

Susan :)

My bunnies love banana, but only get a tiny piece each morning, about the size of a dried banana chip. They also each get a raisin at bedtime.

I absolutely avoid packaged "treats" from the pet store. Most are not good for bunnies at all.

Yeah, I wouldn't give more than a drop of honey at a time. I avoid all those sugary treats (oat sticks etc--all the things that look like bunny granola bars) for bunnies.

Latest posts

Back