So HAPPY to report Baxter! and Tbone had a moment!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliew19673

Reaction score
Tonight I came home from work so tired.. Baxter! has not gone to work with me as I've had alot of Contractors/Auditors coming through my office and the fact that its been such nice "weather" that he can stay home outside on the patio during the day. SO..

Tonight I come home and the BF is working nights again this week, so I bring Baxter! out to have "free run" downstairs in the house and he and Tbone (the 19 year oldCat)"run up against" each other 3 times and Tbone does not cause a problem!!!! They sniffed noses, and sniffed each other down and then went their seprate ways!!!

Big strides in my household! I know it may go "South" next time, but I'm overjoyed that we had this "one" moment where they collectively each were just "fine" with each others precense. (sp?).

Yay team T&B! Its the little moments in my life I look too, and this was one.. WooHoo!:D

Glad you are having some success. Personally my cats have never had an issue with rabbits. Herbie is 10 and is a grumpy old man, he doesn't have 'time' to acknowledge small animals. Trixi is 3 and takes an interest, but she seems very wary. She gave William and thwack once but as far as i could see she didn't have her claws out. It was only because William ran over and Trixi got cornered that she lashed out. Usually she just runs away. Isn't it funny how sometimes cats seem to be more scared when it should be round the other way?

William had a serious problem with dogs though. He hated them.

Good luck! At least if they don't get on, they can still cohabit happily!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Maybe that's progress. My cats mostly ignore the rabbits. Occasionally I'll see them sniff each other and I've actually seen my younger (11 year old) cat lay down next to Penny (my mini lop) but they pretty much just ignore each other.

YAY!:bunnydance:Thats great to hear! Hehe...

I can just see T-Bone and Baxter! checking each other out thinking "Guess I might as well see what you smell like, considering neither one of us seems to be going anywhere..."

Congrats to you, T-Bone, and Mr. Baxter!:woohoo

Awww Whoohoo! That is great - hey, it's a start!! Now you'll always have this moment to remind them off when they are annoyed with each other :pYou are right - it is the little moments in life we have to look forward to! :)

Bo and Tank used to play together. Now, Bo will smack at or nip Tank for getting near Mommy... or his stuff.... or him. He is so grumpy!

Tank just walks away. He's fine with that.

I think Baxter! and Tbone will get over themselves and allow the other one to exist civily LOL!

Had to update this thread as I now can leave Baxter! and Tbone alone together in the bedroom when I get home from work and up until I leave for work the next morning.. Tbone (the cat) still hisses at Baxter! when he gets to "nosey" but he just sits there and takes it, or runs off for something more amusing..

I still make sure that I have the Vet emergency $$ in my safe incase "all goes south" and one or the other, needs to be "stitched" up.. :shock:

This really is wonderful news! Hopefully they'll continue to be peaceful with one another but you have a good idea about keeping the numbers handy!

Latest posts

Back