So happy, 3 legged binky!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyJuneAngel

Reaction score
My baby, Hunny, had her front left leg amputated in May. We had problems from the time she was 5 weeks old with an infection and abscesses that just wouldn't stay away. It finally turned in to a hard abscess mass and everything had to be removed surgically. During surgery it was discovered that the infection had eaten in to her bicep and to remove all of the infection meant either amputating or leaving an essentially 'dead' leg that would drag. She already had a splay leg thanks to all of the infections so she wasn't using the leg much anyway, we decided to let them amputate.

Anyway, the day she came home from the veterinary after surgery she was hopping around, jumping up on the kids' Wii fit board, etc. She didn't act like it bothered her at all to just have 3 legs. However, despite how active she has been, tonight is the first time we have saw her do a binky... ever. My daughter got so excited that she was screaming. Hunny was flipping all around the living room with her sister.

We are totally smitten with our little 3-legged wonder. She has been a dream bunny from day 1. :)

Nope, that is one thing I love about this girl. She has never let her disability get her down... not even when the lump on her side was bigger than she was and she had to be poked and prodded a few times a day to drain the abscess and not even when her splay leg just stuck out there and got in the way more than it helped. She is happier and has a friendlier nature than any of the others.

Latest posts

Back