So Gross !! !!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celestial Wind

Reaction score
Ok so I was cleaning cages yesterday and My Lop Lucky is on the top cage and as I was doing the cage lower to him I bent over and felt something wet on my back like water dripping.........

NOT Lucky decided it would be fun to spray me :grumpy:needless to say I wasn't a happy mom so he got a good old NO NO NO LUCKY BAD BUNNY:nonono:

so I had to stop cleaning cages take a shower then finish cages needless to say as I finished Lucky got to play in the garden.

Has any of your boys done this to you??

I have a little sprayer now and when I put him on the judge's table, I have to remember to put my hand on his butt and "hold it down"...lol.

Sharon

I've been sprayed right across the face before. One buck would try to spray me through the hutch wire every time I went into the shed, I ended up having to put a towel over the wire when I was in there! :X

It really does stink! I can't think of anything it smells like, it just stinks like rabbit spray, and it stains white. Pretty nasty!

I've got a sprayer, whenever I put him on the grass to have a run round the backyard I have to remember to step back because the first thing he does is flick his butt and spray, I have gotten it across the legs so many times. On a couple of occasions I picked him up for a cuddle after having held one of my does and he sprayed all down my top :X Not fun.

One of Sport's babies got me last night big time as I was checking her litter.

Didn't even have his eyes open yet and he really soaked me big time.....

They sure can start young..

Peg

katt wrote:
i have been sprayed in the mouth before. . .

talk about gross!

Snap!

Badger and Sky (and Flash when he was about) took great delight in getting me in the face, up the nose, on my freshly washed hair, in the mouth, whilst asleep, anywhere and everywhere pretty much.

Within Badger's first day he had sprayed me in the face three times, lol. Just great.

I am not sure what a spray is. Is it like a water gun at high velocity?

When Bunny (unfixed buck) stayed with Pebbles, he would pee when he chased Pebbles. But is was nothing like in your face, or duck for cover type of spray.

Do neutered bucks spray? Just a thought if I find a friend for Pebbles.

Rainbows! :)

I am not sure what a spray is. Is it like a water gun at high velocity?
The buck sort of lifts his tails and does a quick wiggle and a whole arc of urine will spray out.

It's to do with claiming their territory and finding a mate, so I don't think neutered bucks do it. I truly hope not :/

We had a doe issue a massive spray the other day. Is no where safe?

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Now I know what to look for, if it happens.

Wears a face mask and keeps mouth shut. :p
My buns tend to spray after digging a bit, must come with digging a warren and marking it as their territory, so if you ever see a bun digging with the tail raised, dive for cover.

Moominmoo wrote:
Females too? Do they lift up their tails and squirt?

I'm glad Pebbles is tame. I can put her out in her run, where she runs a quick lap, and then jump into her litter box for a pee. After that, I know she is good, and I can put her on our bed where she can take a nap.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Moominmoo wrote:
Females too? Do they lift up their tails and squirt?

I'm glad Pebbles is tame. I can put her out in her run, where she runs a quick lap, and then jump into her litter box for a pee. After that, I know she is good, and I can put her on our bed where she can take a nap.

Yup, ladies too, they do it the same way as boys, but less of a wiggle.

My bunnies are tame, but not 'fixed' so despite being litter trained, they still feel the need to claim their territory.

Only one of my does seems to spray but she doesn't flick her butt as much whenshe does it. My other boy goes running along (usually towards one of my does hutches) and then does this whole twist thing with his rear end and it squirts out everywhere. I call him my painter because he likes to squirt the inside walls of his hutch (very nice). I got one of my bucks neutered and he still sprays but only very occassionally, it seems to be decreasing more and more. When my boys dig their spray doesn't go far, I just see it dribble out onto the pile of dirt that they are pushing between their legs.

What a gross conversation this is!

Back