so far so good

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
Am very much leaning towards the usualexplanation for red urine. She really doesn't seem to fit the symptomsfor a UTI or uterine cancer, and is unusually healthy and happy lately,eating like a horse.

I brought her in and she ran around and jumped up on me--the only lossof mobility was on the slick wood floor, where she crawled on herbelly, trembling.;)

When I took her back out, she devoured a bit of carrot, then retreatedto the bathroom corner to perform bunny gymnastics in order to get ridof every trace of Bub smell from my gloves. She was pooping and seemedmore than comfortable, washing her whole body in odd contortions. Iknow she's producing cecotropes, and does not seem to have any pain.

The big markers of uterine adenocarcinoma--bloody discharge (itwas obvious that's what it was in my other doe), swollen nipples,anorexia, aggression--are not there. Whatever red she is producingappears to come from the bladder.

The symptoms of UTI also aren't there so far--no wet tail or reducedactivity, and as far as I know she is not straining to urinate(although it's hard to tell with her outside).

She is clean on the underside, and her fur is in beautiful condition.No teeth grinding or refusing food--in fact, her dish is licked cleanevery morning and she nearly falls into it in her excitement in themorning.

With the bitter cold, all the buns are huddled in the boxes and movingaround less. Izzy seems completely normal other than the red urine.

I'm not totally reassured yet, but if it's more serious, I'll know inthe next couple days. I just have to remember I fed her a carrot, soher urine will definitely reflect that in the next few days.

Whew!

Rose

rabbitgirl wrote:
--the only loss of mobility was on the slick wood floor,where she crawled on her belly, trembling.;)
:pI love seeing them do this but I feel so bad for them!

I hope she's ok. Sounds good so far :)

Latest posts

Back