So exited...New flemish giant mommy.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoecat6

Reaction score
Here's my new handsome little boy... he's about8 weeks old Ipurchased him at a rabbit show today.I've decided to name him Ben, he has a very sweet, gentlenature
ben05-07-05.jpg

Here he is with a mini-rex that I also picked up today.

ben-rex-050705.jpg

My 3 females took turns visiting the handsome new guy, stealing his food, and giving him kisses.
sharing05-07-05.jpg

kisses05-07-05.jpg

He's had a long and busy day meeting his new family and is all comfortable and ready to go to sleep now.

comfy05-07-05.jpg

Oh my - I LOVE those ears.

Flemish are so wonderful - they really are. Gentle, sweet...I have yet to hear of one that's tempermental.

He is an addition you won't regret. And congrats on your other bunny too!

Peg

Awww the cutest lil bun eva!! awwww i havealways wanted a flemish bun but just havent got the room!! aww soadorable!! i love ya other lil buns too!!

awwwwwwwww Heis Very Handosme littledude and love the name GentleBen ! whata Doll ,glad everyone hasgivin hem a warm welcome ,looks like there isnt going to bemany bonding issues !!!!

Wow, zoecat, :shock:

Ben is absolutely Gorgeous! What a beautiful, beautiful[/b] Boy!Thank you so much for posting these wonderful pictures. Tina told meyou were hoping to find a Flemish, and it looks like you found the Pickof the Litter!

Do you know how much Ben weighs?

I weighed my Cali-Girl yesterday. She is now 13 lbs. 14 oz. She wasjust shy of 8 lbs. when I got her in November. She's gained about apound a month.

The fun is Just Beginning, My Friend. Make room for those binkies!

Keep us posted, and please keep the pictures coming. They grow up so fast. I want to enjoy every minute of Ben's growing spurts.

CONGRATULATIONS!

FLEMISH FEVER IS ALIIIVVVEEE!!!

-Carolyn

P.S. The Mini-Rex you adopted is stunningly beautiful as well! What's that little one's name?

I love the picture of Ben stetched out to take a nap. Look at how long his back feet are! Too adorable!

I'm so happy for you and your beautiful family of buns. The Party has Just Begun.

I don't have a name for the little rex yet, soI've been calling him Rex as a name unless I come up with somethingbetter:p. I did end up separating him from the rex as after acouple of hours together rex started trying to dominate him . I canalready tell by his spirit that he will be easy to dominate by theother rabbits because he is so sweet, so at this point I am justletting the girls come and visit him which they are allenjoying. Actually he wasn't the prettiest flemish there byany means, but he had by far the sweetest disposition of all of theones that I handled (and believe me I handled them all)so Ijust had to take him. In fact one breeder had some beautifulbaby flemish but when I tried to handle them they were very wild, and Ihave the scratches on my chest to prove it. I felt sorry forthem obviously they hadn't had any loving attention from where theywere being raised. Benis already friends with the cats andwas sharing grass with them already first thing this morning, I justcan't express how enamoured I am by this rabbit.

ben-nat-05-08-05.jpg

Another Flemish!!!

Yeah! Flemish Fever is spreading among the members here andshows no sign of slowing down. Ben is a darling guy and seemsto already enjoy the attention of the ladies. So handsome...

zoecat6 wrote:
but he had by far the sweetest disposition of all of theones that I handled
Congratulations on your new bunnies. It was goodfor you to have a choice in choosing Ben. I'm pretty sure youknew what you were looking for and made a wise decision. Benis so cute and gentle...... (Gentle Ben....:D)

What made you get the mini rex?

Rainbows! :)

AWWW!!!!! Congratulations!!! He isAbsolutely Stunning!!! I am Sooo Happy for you. I am bouncing around inmy chair I am do happy for you. I can't wait to hear what you thinkabout him growing up. Yeah!!

Flemmies Rock. The Fever Is Burning HIGH!!!

Tina

fluffys_mommy wrote:
BEN YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL! GREAT EARS!!!!!!!!
His giant ears are my favorite part, it seems to me like his ears andthe rest of him have gotten bigger in the last 24 hours. Hegot to go out today in the sun and get some dandilions, and did quitewell with his halter.

DSC03797.jpg

As for the little rex bunny, my neice was with me this weekend at therabbit show and talked me into getting him also. The car rideback she held the rex and I (of course) held on to theflemish. Over the last 24 hours she and the rex formed quitea bond, he layed in her arms pretty much the whole time and wasconstantly licking her, so in the end I couldn't part the two of themand she took the rex home with her tonight. Here she is withthe rex today out in the sun...

DSC03806.jpg

I'm soooo in love with Ben, Zoecat.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back