so..annoying

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khainon

Horse and bunny slave
Reaction score
dont you all just hate it when people get rabbits that have no clue about their care? i recently purchased two really..and i mean really nice pedigreed french angoras after years of research..as its my goal to breed and show them as well as my current french lops and holland lops..well..past few days i have had the hellish task of grooming out tangles and snarls in these poor babies bibs and hind ends after i pulled theyre wool...i mean seriously..my doe's entire bib was nothing but mats..and she was such a good girl and a trooper through out this process the past few days(though..she knows she gets treats lol) previous owners had them for their fiber but had "no time" to care for them properly..so i took them...youd think beings they got them for the fiber..they would be sure to keep the fiber in good shape..nope..just so bloody irritated about this..so tempted to email these people and give them a piece of my mind...

Unfortunately, many animals are bought with good intentions and are simply neglected, either through ignorance, lack of ethics or other reasons. In most cases it really isn't malicious intent, but it is hard to ignore the reality of an animal that's suffering and for those of us who do care, understand how someone could let it get to that point.

Angoras seem more prone to neglect. People want the fluffy rabbit, but don't want the put the effort into grooming. If they don't have time to care for the coat, then they either need to keep it short or find the rabbits a new home.

I do get that some areas are harder to groom and more prone to getting matted, but it's not too hard to keep up or just keep the area short.

Angoras seem more prone to neglect. People want the fluffy rabbit, but don't want the put the effort into grooming. If they don't have time to care for the coat, then they either need to keep it short or find the rabbits a new home.

I do get that some areas are harder to groom and more prone to getting matted, but it's not too hard to keep up or just keep the area short.

exactly..i had no issues grooming out theyre bibs and hind quarters and bellies..they behaved very well...just irritates me to see such gentle loving animals neglected...

Sometimes there are circumstances that lead to lack of grooming. For instance, I'm going to have quite a task ahead of me to get mats of my boys because I'm spending most of my time at the hospital with my son. It is temporary. For some, though, something temporary can become more permanent. You never really know.

Sometimes there are circumstances that lead to lack of grooming. For instance, I'm going to have quite a task ahead of me to get mats of my boys because I'm spending most of my time at the hospital with my son. It is temporary. For some, though, something temporary can become more permanent. You never really know.

the couple's excuse was that the wife didnt have time due to work..the husband stayed home all day taking care of the house..so i dunno..pretty lame excuse to me...

When I sell my rabbits I include a packet with all the information you would ever need to know about rabbits ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1409053552.694552.jpgcute picture :3

Latest posts

Back