Snuggles' urine really stinks!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynda

Reaction score
No change in diet. Woody Pet in litter box. I smell it every time she goes.

UTI or something? Should I bring it up to thevet tomorrow? Or even take her with us to be seen?

Can't really describe the odor....it's just strong andstinky.

Maybe it's always smelled this way and I'm just now noticing?

first questions first lol

how old ?, spayed /neutered? are you sure its a female ?have you tried encouraging withmore water , add Vanilla if necessary to get therabbit to drink more . more info will behelpfull.

Hi Lynda, :wave:

Scent glands need to be cleaned?

Does she have blood in her urine? Having a hard time peeing - sitting there for a while, but not going much?

-Carolyn

Definately female. Definately drinking. 'round 8 months. Not spayed....hoping to schedule in 2 wks.

No blood in urine. I'll try cleaning glands and payattention......haven't noticed(yet) how long she sits to go. I onlyknow when she goesbecause I can smell it.

Doesnt a small amount of brewed tea in theirwater, reduce the ammonia smell of their urine? If you find nothingphysically wrong with her and she just has stinky pee i dont think thatwould be a bad option...

o...o.! ... what are you feeding her? different veggies will change thecolor and smell of urine and it also may be the kind of vitamins youare giving her ....

Back