Snuffle Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratmom

Reaction score
Can the snuffles happen in just one eye and nose? Reason why I ask I have a 4 year old 5lb dutch boy, eating and drinking fine. Poops are fine and he's running around like normal, but yesterday his eye started to drain clear. Today I noticed it's draining more w/some white stuff. I assumed he got dust in his eye, but I think it would have gone away by then. The same side his nose has a little boogers, but that has always been normal for him since he has allergies.

I would say that the bacteria is probably on both sides, but you normally don't see a problem until the tear duct gets blocked. So, only the one side may be blocked now. I would take him to the vet and get started on orbax oral and the eye drop (sorry can't remember the name because I'm not at home, but it's in the same class of drugs). It's better to get it taken care of sooner rather than later. :pray:

Sometimes that could also be a sign of molar issues in buns. I'd have it checked out by a vet, especially if you know he has allergy issues and this seems out of the ordinary for him.

Allergens are much higher this year than in previous years, that being said it is very possible that it is just a further allergy manifestation. However I would get a Vet's opinion on that.

Latest posts

Back