Snowball is nesting.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheyrul

Reaction score
It is pretty cute and sad because she is pulling all her hair out. Bless her heart. I am praying for a very very small litter.

I don't know how to post pictures :( I need to read the thread about it. My camera is charging, I had no idea it would be so quick. And she was letting me pet her and eating cilantro minutes prior, had it not been for the hair pulling, I would not have known. Now she is eating kale and romaine. and seems to be totally okay with me checking out her babies.

It was not a small litter :( She has 11 (I think, between the hay and hair and wiggling, it is hard to count).

Nutmeg and Cookie are especially interesting in the kits, will kill them? I have them caged separately. Snowball is by herself.

If you are the praying type, please lift me and these little guys up because I am not able to keep any of them and have no one to take them.

Yes I would keep the mommy separate from other bunnies. You might wanna post this in the rabbitry section as you will get breeder advice. That's a big litter! I'm sure it will all work out for you and your baby bunn's

Can it be moved?
We recounted, there are definitely 11. They seem smaller they Snowball and sibs when she was born but that was in January.

WOW - 11 babies.

I've had flemish that had 11 and 13....but never had the whole litter make it to weaning - so don't get too upset if a few don't make it.

Congrats...

I will crushed if they all not make but I am crushed she got pregnant and had so many. They are so tiny.
There is a young lady who works for some people at our church, she is part of their cleaning staff... she may take Max. I was impressed because when i told her he was neutered early june... she responsed by saying he is still fertile. She has 2 females and very informed. She is perfect.
There is no way we can keep the new bunnies.

Cheyrul wrote:
I will crushed if they all not make but I am crushed she got pregnant and had so many. They are so tiny.

There is no way we can keep the new bunnies.
I am so sorry this accident has happened to you. I read your posts in the rescue section too. We here on the forum are here to help you get through this tough time you are having with your bunnies.

Do you by any chance know what breed your bunnies are?

You need to prepare yourself to remove any babies that don't make it. If Snowball is able to raise all of them, it will be a miracle.

I would definitely contact a rescue, they should be able to help you, not only with the spay and neuters, but maybe they would be willing to take the babies so that you are not stuck with them.

Don't get to discouraged. Nature has its way's. I saw a standard rex raise 12 recently. My mother in laws rabbit raised 11. It can happen. You might wanna think of getting some kitten milk supplement and giving a little extra feeding here and there. I am sure some good breeders can give you some advice on the best way to hand feed.

When googled rabbit rescues, all found were luvabun and the gainsville rescue. Gainesville is 4 hours north of me but doable. The luvabn site said they were not taking in anything.
A positive note, curly and max seem to have adjustd to being housed together. Max seems much happier and is playing in the cage, digging and chewing on their box and tossing toys. However he has sprayed all over the cage.

When googled rabbit rescues, all found were luvabun and the gainsville rescue. Gainesville is 4 hours north of me but doable. The luvabn site said they were not taking in anything.
A positive note, curly and max seem to have adjustd to being housed together. Max seems much happier and is playing in the cage, digging and chewing on their box and tossing toys. However he has sprayed all over the cage.

I'm posting fom my phone so sorry for the dbl posts and extra typos.
I think the bunnies are mini rex mixes and part lionhead. There are pics on my facebook. Cheryl sams, i think i would have to friend you for you to see tho.

Cheyrul wrote:
I'm posting fom my phone so sorry for the dbl posts and extra typos.
I think the bunnies are mini rex mixes and part lionhead. There are pics on my facebook. Cheryl sams, i think i would have to friend you for you to see tho.
That's ok, I really just wanted to know if they were small or large breed. It is very unusual for smaller breed bunnies to have that many babies.

How are they doing today?

As far as i can tell, they are all fine. I checked bellies, all looked fed and squirmy. Snow is eating and seems very alert.
Is this considered small breed?

Wow big litter! I am sending you and your buns some good vibes! I found my buns on Kijiji, that may be an option for you to help rehome some of your group!
11 babies is alot, and remeber if they don't all make it you gave it your best! Good luck with the little ones!

hey there, just read your post. Im new to the site but I feel for you. I sure hope they all make it for you. That is a HUGE litter and can't imagin. I bet they are tiny, to be expceted i bet though being she had that many. Like someone else said in there post we are here for you.

Cheyrul wrote:

I am sorry to say that I'm pretty sure Gainesville is not accepting rabbits :( (last time I checked (for a friend), which was 3 weeks ago- they said no. I dunno if anything has changed).

As a last resort, you may look into pet stores. I am not one to sell to pet stores, but I am also set up to keep babies... if I wasn't and couldn't find another option, a pet store may be the next best bet....

Also, you could try craigslist....

Back