snow question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyjade

Reaction score
Hi, we got 3 inches of snow today and I want tolet Apollo play in it, but she's never been in snow before and it'sabout 20 degrees outside; is that too cold? Would thetemperaturechange from the house to outside be too much? Sheloves to play outside but I don't know if it would be too cold or toomuch of a temp. fluctuation for her. What do you think? :?

I don't think it would be a wise thing to do ifyour rabbits are used to being inside. If the rabbit was outside allthe time and was used to the cold weather it wouldn't be a problem butthe temp fluctuation could be bad for him.

I wouldn't tbh, the temp change could be too bigfor her. My buns live outside all the time and they evenreacta little bit to the temp change from their hutch to thesnow in the run so I wouldn't risk it with a house bun.:?

What you can do, if you want them to be able toplay with snow but not get too cold is fill a plastic tub or old cagebottom with snow and bring it inside. That way they can playin the snow, but not get cold in outside temperatures.

Then take lots of pictures!

--Dawn

Ooh, that's a good idea, thanks!Thatway they can both play in the snow, Sophie can't run around outside inopen areasbecause she's too scared of harnesses.

The last time we had snow in Vancouver, a bunch of the SARS members did that for their bunnies, and the pictures were so cute!

Take lots of pictures if you do it.

Some bunnies couldn't be less impressed, and others think it's the bestthing since sliced bread! There was one who was binkiiing androlling in it and he looked like he had the best time.

--Dawn

Back