Snippety snip

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightPoet00

Reaction score
Well...Winston's at the vet to get his manlinessremoved. Poor guy, but he actually seemed quite at home at the vet's,eager to hop out of his carrier and explore the examining table.Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery when I pick him up tomorrow!

Aww Bo got to come home that afternoon.They told me I could pick him up around 3:30 and by noon they said "Ohhe did so well you can get him now if you like!" So don'tworry, boys take it pretty well.

When he got home he was a bit groggy and stuff, but I just held him and snuggled him in a blankie and he was happy as a clam!

When you get that pretty boy home, give him a kiss for me and a raisen or something :)

Bo's just fine, thanks. He was neuteredon 10/21, and back to his old self by 10/23. About 2 days andhe was starting to binky and play again just as wild as he was before.:)

How'd it go, NightPoet? Is little mon home?

-Carolyn

Yeah how is the little guy...

You probably already know this, but still don't put him together withhis new friend for a little while. It take a bit for him to lose allthe hormones and you don't need any baby bunnies running around, (asfun as that would be.)

~Christine~

How's he doing? It was a breeze for me with mytwo boys, they were trying to run around that night! I had to keep themconfined to their cage to keep them from doing any damage tothemselves.

Yep, that's what I did with Bo. Justtried to keep him from running. I held him a lot tho, heloves snuggles.

Valuran was miffed at us. Would sit there givingus that look. You know the one I speak of. lol He would hunker down forthe pettings, but them would try to slip out of the cage. He's ourlittle sneak bunny. It's actually funny to watch him watching us,thinking he's slipping by unnoticed. To watch him tear butt across theroom when he's busted is so funny. I wish I could record it so you guyscould see. And hear, it sounds like a gallop.

That's funny! I can't hear bo unless he's reallyhauling buttage! Then I hear just his little claws digging infor traction LOL.

Oh, don't you love "the look" ......like you are such a bad person I can't believe you did this to me! :p

I just got my buns neutered a week ago today. Howlong until he starts to calm down? lol...he's still guarding histerritory and being the brat buns he is. He humped the cat yesterday(which was a first), and growls at me when I get in his cage to cleanthe litter box...is this all normal? This is my first bunny, so I am sonew to everything! If it makes a difference, he is 4 months old...:)Thanks everyone!

Melody & Teek

SugarFox03 wrote:
I just got my buns neutered a week ago today. How long untilhe starts to calm down? lol...he's still guarding his territory andbeing the brat buns he is. He humped the cat yesterday (which was afirst), and growls at me when I get in his cage to clean the litterbox...is this all normal? This is my first bunny, so I am so new toeverything! If it makes a difference, he is 4 months old...:) Thankseveryone!

Melody & Teek
Sugar, those are all natural tendancies for a bunny. Heshould start settling down anytime and it could be gradual for severalweeks or even a couple of months! They keep their hormonesfor a month or two after they get neutered! They can even geta female pregnant during that time!

Bo quit nipping around a week or so after his surgery, he started usinghis litterbox to pee ALL the time (he had been marking stuff) after amonth. He also quit some of the nasty territorial stuff, buthe still can ram us for sticking our hand in his cage. Hedoesn't do anything but look tough tho LOL!

Winston has returned! He's already the same asalways, minus a few manly parts. Right now he's sitting in his newlycleaned cage ripping up his newspaper and making a mess out of hisveggies.

I won't be putting him with Mabel for at least another 2 weeks, andthen only supervised! Probably 3 or 4 weeks until they get solidlyintroduced. Right now, I let them out one at a time. When Mabel's out,she does her thing, binkies, explores, and eats Winston's hay, whichshe can reach from outside the cage. Winston seems to be enamored withher because he constantly runs around his cage looking at her, but whenshe eats his hay, he starts eating too as if he thinks he'd better getsome while it's still there! And then when he's out, he hops around hercage frantically while Mabel ignores him. Silly Winston! I hope theybond when the time comes! For now, though, I'll settle for anuneventful healing for Winston. Thanks for all the encouragement!! :)

Oh, thank you for the update! I havebeen waiting to hear. I knew he would be fine. He'sso pretty and healthy looking I couldn't imagine anything goingwrong. I know how you feel, tho, I worried myself sick untilI had Bo back home and happily in his cage.

You know that he can still get her preggers for awhile? Or is she spayed?

I know that he can still mate with Mabel, andshe's young so she hasn't been spayed yet. Don't worry, he won't begoing near her anytime soon!

Glad to hear he's back home! Good luck for aspeedy recovery (which it sounds like he's already well on his way!) :)and also thanks for the info on the bunny antics...I had a feeling itwas going to be a little bit before he calmed down. Thanks again!(sorry I couldnt post this as a different topic, for some reason itsnot letting me start a new one!)

Melody & Teek

NightPoet~WOOT congrats Winston on your "unmanly" new look :) and cheers to his health and recovery !!

Cher

Back