-Sniff sniff- Smells like new :3

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jynxie

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Carley, I actually don't own any bunnies yet!

But I am interested in getting a lionhead bunny. Right now I'm just researching bunnies. I did own a dutch bunny when I was child, meaning my mom owned one while I named it. :p

Any advice would be awesome, and any personal experience would be greatly appreciated 'specially on lionheads. :3

Welcome! This forum is GREAT for reading up on bunnies. So much info and helpful people here.
What makes you want a lionhead? Just curious.
Also, do you have an idea of what kind of cage your wanting for him or her? I would suggest a C&C cage :)
And have you figured out if you want to adopt from a shelter, buy from a breeder, or buy from a owner who no longer wants the bunny? I know of a few places you could start looking for a bunny at.
Hope you enjoy the forum, have a look around and ask a lot of questions!!
:biggrin:

I LOVE Lionheads! We have one, Teddy and we are fostering one, Bentley for the rabbit rescue we volunteer for.
Teddy had malocclusion when we adopted him in January. He just got neutered and just had his remaining tooth, and a broken one at the gum line pulled. I know malocclusion can be common in Lionheads. I have also heard that some are prone to seizures, but no experience with that, thankfully!
Teddy is my cuddle bug, he loves to sit on my shoulder when I watch tv and just nuzzles under my chin, he is the sweetest:D
Bentley, we just got this morning...he was pulled form a shelter, turned in due to his previous owner not having time for him :( He is a shy and we'll get him neutered and work on socializing him and litter training him. He too though is sooo cute! I love their little mops of hair on top, LOL! Teddy and Bentley are both single manes, which means less to have to care for!
Good luck!

Welcome :)

Lionheads are interesting rabbits. They do have some attitude (not in a bad way) and are opinionated. Mine have not been really lovey, but so have lots of spunk and are affectionate in their own way. They seem to be a bit more independent so might not like you fussing with them all the time. They are smart little buggers too.
Grooming can be a challenge. The 2 I have had have been easy, but there are some who will get matted easily so need to be brushed a lot. Also due to the longer fur, it is not a good idea to use shavings as it will get stuck in the fur.
Since Lionheads do have a more smooched in face, there can be dental issues. It is something to keep an eye on.

Hey thank you everyone!

I really like the lionheads because of their size and of course their little hair dos.

I am looking for a smaller sized rabbit that I can cuddle with, as well as not have a giagantic cage. I haven't picked a cage just yet, going to be doing that next weekend. :3

I have been talking to a couple of breeders, one is kind of far (four hours one way) but his rabbits are beautiful. He also comes closer to my area a couple times a year, so maybe we'd be able to work something out that way.

I work at an animal hospital, so I for sure will be watching for any dental problems. :3 I know how expensive dental procedures can be.

Thanks for all the welcomes. :3

lionhead is definatly my favorite breed, if they have full mane. welcome to the forums, and i hope you take the plunge into bunny slave-dom =P

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back