Snickers was litterbox trained

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bamabunny

Reaction score
As of yesterday, he refuses to use his litterbox. No changes have been made at all. He spends most of his time in his litterbox, but now leaves to urinate in the cage.

I'm assuming this is a result of him reaching puberty. He is unaltered, but this will soon change.

Yep, puberty. Try wiping up the pee and putting the dirty paper towel in the litterbox, then cleaning up where it was with white vinegar.

That's what we had to do when we started training him. It's like a switch was flipped and suddenly he will not use his litterbox. We used to be able to let him out without worry, but yesterday we let him out when we got home like normal, and he began pooing and peeing all over the carpet.

Before, he was very good about using it. His testicles have recently descended, so we have scheduled his neutering before he learns any new habits (spraying and mounting).

Bun did this too when he hit puberty. He started sleeping in his litterbox and going to the bathroom in another corner. I bought another litterbox and put it in the corner where he was going. He then switched to another corner so I put another litterbox there. He finally gave in and used his litterboxes again except for the one he slept in. He eventually stopped sleeping in it and since then I have taken 1 of the litterboxes out.

Oh boy! I hope my boys don't start this! They are so great inside and I think its wonderful they use their litter box where-ever I put it for them to use.... mine are almost 8wks old, so might have a little more time before we have to deal with this, I am thinking of getting them booked in in about a months time.... how old is Snickers???

Snickers is just over 4 months old.

Yesterday he was very good about peeing in his litterbox, but he has been pooing everywhere, which is much easier to deal with.

He must be experiencing waves of hormones flowing through his body. April 6th will not come soon enough!

LOL! My boys seem to be growing by the day, getting so much bigger, they will be HUGE by 4 months old - hard to imagine - they will be 2 months on the 1st of April. Thank goodness he is using this box for piddles! We do get a few stray poop on the carpet but like you say easy to sort out, usually happens when they get excited and are of binky-ing!!!

Back