Sneezy Raspy rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLH

Reaction score
Hi there,
My daughters have pens of rabbits for FFA Jr project and some of them have started sneezing and have raspy breathing. I have quarantined those that are. I also bought some vetrx today.

The vet will not give them Baytril but said Albon MIGHT help. Is Albon worth a shot and is there anything else to do to help them kick this and help increase their appetite?
Thanks!

If you are using them for FFA, please consider seeing if you can get it tested. Pastuerella is one of the most common causes of respiratory issues, and while antibiotics can treat the symptoms, the rabbits can still carry and spread pastuerella. If you took them to an FFA competition after treating their symptoms, you could be unknowingly spreading pastuerella to the other rabbits there as well (not to mention that many fairs have rules around medicating, if the rabbit pens are meant for market class. Each drug has its own withdrawal time and often that time is hard to find for rabbits - not to mention the fact that they are butchered so young means that its often impractical to wait out that period). I personally have not heard of Albon being used for respiratory issues in rabbits, but I don't usually encounter such issues myself.

Latest posts

Back