Sneezing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ainsleys_mommy

Reaction score
Megara came to me about three weeks ago. I have had her in quarantine and was about to put her in the rabbit room, but I noticed last night that she was sneezing. There's no snot coming out and it's not a wet sneeze (she kept sneezing towards my face, but I didn't feel anything). There is a little wetness around the nose though. Just not straight up snot. Should I be concerned? The only thing that has changed is that I just finished a bag of bedding, so maybe there was a lot of dust in the bottom of the bag?

If there's no snot or significant wetness, I'd wager it's probably due to the dust at the bottom of the bedding. Maybe keep her separate for a few more days to make sure the sneezing stops; if it doesn't, I'd take her to a vet just to get the all-clear. Felix and Clementine tend to sneeze if they shove their face right into some dusty hay (like from the bottom of the bag).

I think I'm going to take her any way. I am wanting to get her spayed and Harrison neutered in January. If she's not sick, hopefully they'll count this as her spay exam.

Latest posts

Back