sneezing?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amundb

Reaction score
Our bunny Magnet has been sneezing lately, just one or two sneezes a day, but we don't know why. No new food,nothing has changed in his environment. No other changes in his behavior. The only time he doesn't eat all his dinner is when he fills up on cardboard...he loves to eat it instead of shredding it. The cardboard now gets limited playtime. We've noticed that he usually sneezes while he's grooming himself...could it be that he's getting hair stuck in his nose and the sneeze is are action to that? He has started shedding, so there's more hair than normal. What else could it be?

No ideas on the sneezing from anyone?An update...Magnet's nose is a little wet, and my fiancee found a little eye booger. Can bunnies get colds? He's still doing everything else normally, playing around when he gets let out of his bunny mansion every night.

Yikes, so sorry everybody missed this!

I really don't think a bit of sneezing is a problem, is there a discharge? Snot?

It does sound like a molting by-product. I sneeze when I nuzzle my bunnies, and get a face full of hair when they're molting, so stands to reason they'll have the same face full of hair. ;)

If there's no change in appetite, no watery eyes, discharge, no reduction in activity or other behaviour changes, and his breathing is clear, it really shouldn't be a worry.

Keep an eye on him though!

And sorry again that we missed this. :baghead

sas

Hi amundb!

Yeah,if Magnet is molting,that could just be the problem then, maybe just give him a brush over once a day or something and see how that goes

It could also just be some dust that got up his nose

Sometimes my bunnies will have their sneezing days

Also since Magnet is shedding,don't forget that extra hay to help push the hair through his system ;)

cheryl

Latest posts

Back