Sneezing??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hellooooo,

i'm not sure what was in the injection, but whatever it was seems to have done the trick. Hes had two doses of the Baytrili was given to give to him, he doesn't like taking it very much though!

He is so so so much better today than he was mid-week, he is still snezzing a little but rather than about 20 times over 15 mins hes sneezing about twice every hour, and it sounds no where near as bad as before!!

He was feeling sorry for himself before, just sitting around, now he won't sit still and is playing with anything he can find...i had a box of monopoly with the lid off on the floor yesterday and he picked up the lid moved it elsewhere and has chewed the corner off it!!

But even thought hes seeming better, of course i will finish his course of medicine and get him checked out again to make sure its all cleared up. Im still giving him the eucalyptus steam in the evenings as well because i really believe that has hepled him, that is a valuble peice of a advice i wouldn't have got if i hadn't been on this forum!!

Anna xxxxx

Yay! It sounds like he's on his way to being all better.

I've yet to meet a bunny that will eagerly eat their medicine. But as long as it gets down, it'll do the job.

I always take a towell or blanket and put it on my lap, then stick bun on my lap, bum into my stomache. Then they can't back up away from the syringe. And using your arms as side blockers, they can't really go any where.

Give the brave little man some kisses for me!

--Dawn

You can try flavoring the meds with something you know he likes. I know it's hard to find canned pumpkin over there, but that's what I used to hide Fey's meds in and she licked it off a spoon. You might be able to use a teeny bit of unsweetened applesauce if you are sure he'll lick it all up.

Sounds like he's doing good!

A great thing to mix with meds is grenadine,which is cherry flavored syrup used to flavor drinks. My vet said this is fine in small doses. Max loves it and will like the medication straight from the syringe :D

I hope he gets to feeling better soon!

hiya.

thanks for all your best wishes and ideas about making his medicine better! How about mixing it with pure fruit juice, say pinapple orapple juice, coz i always have that type of thing in the fridge??

Anna xxxxx

Latest posts

Back