sneezing bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luckie

Reaction score
I have a male mini lop who is about 7 months old now. He started sneezing about 3 days ago. He will sneeze maybe 3-5 times in a row, but he will sneeze frequently. Every time he sneezes he will wash his face. He acts fine, he eats, drinks, and plays like normal. I haven't noticed any discharge from his eyes or his nose. Could this just be allergies or something more? Should I take him to the vet or just wait a few more days to see if it will stop? I am a new rabbit owner and I am not sure what I should do.
-Ashley

If there is no discharge or if the discharge is clear, then it is probably ok. It could be a tickle from flying fur, or dust in his hay, or something else in the environment causing him to sneeze.

As soon as you see any white or colored discharge, then it needs treatment.

Luckie wrote:
I have a male mini lop who is about 7 months old now. He started sneezing about 3 days ago. He will sneeze maybe 3-5 times in a row, but he will sneeze frequently. Every time he sneezes he will wash his face. He acts fine, he eats, drinks, and plays like normal. I haven't noticed any discharge from his eyes or his nose. Could this just be allergies or something more? Should I take him to the vet or just wait a few more days to see if it will stop? I am a new rabbit owner and I am not sure what I should do.
-Ashley
--prey animals like rabbits hide their pain and illness extremely well,,-they think they live longer in the face of a predator...this is just the way they are hard wired,--i donot believe to strongly that herbivores having allergies..--without a culture from an exotic dvm you could be wasting alot of time and money on guess work,,-even though-some of rabbit repair is guess work--,but one must take care of a rabbit problem asap,because rabbits are stress critters and they harbor opportunist bacteria just waiting for the chance to cause major problems--i hope this helps,- http://www.medirabbit.com --might also aid in your self diagnosis--sincerely james waller

Latest posts

Back