sneezing and breathing fast

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexn2kids

Reaction score
hey all i got thumper about 2 months ago from a lady that no longer wanted him, he started sneezing at the time so i rang her and asked if he had allways done this and to which she said yes and he did it at the pet shop she bought him from and they said it was something to do with dust in the hay but after reading this am realy not sure, he dosent sneeze as often as he did but when he does sneeze its like a sneezing attack about 4/5 sneezes at once. also he seems very sleepin ( he has allways been a lazy bun) but i thought it could be to so with the heat but when he is laid down asleep i see he is breathing very fast is this normal ?? he is pooin and eating fine and drinking water fine but he is just so sleepy tc luv becks xx

some thing else i forgot thumper now and again makes a horable noise like a cat makes when they have a fur ball caught in there throat ??

This isn't something that can be accurately diagnosed over the internet. Rabbits do sometimes breath fast, especially in hot weather. The occasional sneezes may not be serious, and its hard to tell from your description if the rabbit is just vocalizing or suffering from some type of respiratory discomfort.

However, I think he should be checked by a vet to rule out any serious illness (such as a bacterial infection that could develop into pneumonia).

Pam

Latest posts

Back