Sneezes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightPoet00

Reaction score
How do you tell the difference betweenpasturella and allergies? I have a bunny (a newbunny!! yay!!) that has been sneezing. However, hersneezes are dry. I know that pasturella is characterizedbymucousy nasal discharge (and sometimes discharge from the ears) aswell as crusty front paws. My new bun does not have any ofthose signs. Is it safe to say that she doesn't havepasturella? I still have her separated from Winston and Mabeljust in case, and will continue to do so for another week.But how can I tell if it's not pasturella short of a blood test?

There are a lot of respiratory illnesses goingaround this year, and most of them are viral. If the rabbitis sneezing, then something is wrong. Because the delicatenasal passages can literally be eaten away by some pathogens, I'dcertainly take the rabbit to the vet to have her checked. Theirritated nasal linings are suscepible to serious bacterial infection,so it might be wise to start her on Baytril.

Pam

Are your hay or pellets dusty? Or thelitter? My hamster used to sneeze at a particular brand oflitter. Mocha sneezes a little if I don't sift out the pelletdust at the bottom of the bag.

Latest posts

Back