Smokey

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny_Baby01

Reaction score
Well I guess the description says it all. We had to put this collar on him. It's a choke collar. We didn't want to put it on him, but he got out of every single collar multiple times, no matter what type of collar, he always got out. You see, we had this swingset, and there is this one part of it, it's like this treehouse thing. It has a hole in the front andback of it, so you can get in and out of it. Well we took out the slide on the side, so there was a hole in the side, too. Well we have him on this chain, so whenever he gets to the very end of the chain,the collar starts to choke him, so he will back up. I guess he just fell off the side opening, and the side wasn't close enough to the ground, and so he choked to death because of that stupid collar. It suffocated him. It was all our fault, but we didn't do it to hurt him! We only did it because he could get out of everything else! It was our last resort! None of us wanted to put him on a chain or a collar like that. The worst part of it all was the way we seen him, when we found out he died. My mom was the one who discovered him. I'm only thirteen, and now I've been traumatized, just because of the way I seen him. It wasn't that he died. It was the "position" he was in. He was just hanging there! He was hung bythe chain! Histwo backfeet were on the ground. That was all that was on the ground.And he was just hanging by that chain. Not a good image for a thirteen year old to see. I feel so incrediblyawful. I wish I would of spent more time with him when he was alive. No one ever played with him, because he was a huge Lab, he always scratched everyone, clawed them. We would pet him, but none of us ever spent the time with him we should of had. I feel so insanely guilty. I think we all do.

I don't even know what to say other than sorry...that puts a horrible image in my head. I'm sorry for what happened...but it's not your fault. Accidents happen.

I'm so sorry you lost your dog :( That is a horrible thing to see

It sounds like that would have happened whether he had a choke chain or a regular collar on. Its not your fault, it is just an accident.

SilverBirchRabbitry wrote:
I'm sorry about your dog, but you aren't suppose to leave choke collars on dogs, unless you are walking them.

I'm sorry though & a lesson lived is a lesson learned :( No matter how sad the results may be :(
:yeahthat:

I'm so sorry about your dog :(

SilverBirchRabbitry wrote:
I'm sorry about your dog, but you aren't suppose to leave choke collars on dogs, unless you are walking them.

I'm sorry though & a lesson lived is a lesson learned :( No matter how sad the results may be :(
I cannot agree more, although it shouldn't have happened what's happened cannot be reversed. I'm very sorry to hear.

degrassi wrote:
I'm so sorry you lost your dog :( That is a horrible thing to see

It sounds like that would have happened whether he had a choke chain or a regular collar on. Its not your fault, it is just an accident.
Ditto Valerie. I am so sorry.

Oh no, I'm so sorry! What an awful thing to have found out. Accidents happen though, it was no one's fault.

:tears2: :pink iris:

Latest posts

Back