Smelly poop and moody?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayana

Reaction score
Hi everyone I hve two questions and I hope you can answer them.

I have un neutered five months old male. these days I noticed that his poop is smell very bad and strong and also his butt too so I checked his butt but the area is very clean . his poops shape and color is normal, his eating is normal too but I change his diet a little by minimums the treats and the carbohydrates.

His poops not always smelly like when he sitting on the couch near me he droop a smelly poop, I change his litter box everyday but it's didn't smell like this, his other drooping in the house too normal only in some times?

And the second problem that there is days he seems sluggish and sleepy most of the day. the area where I live is very hot but he is indoors rabbit and inside is cool temperatures for him to feel hot.

His health and eating is very normal and he didn't have any symptoms other than that.

I find that the territorial poops smell much worse than normal poops. Neutering will help with this. Rabbits are crepuscular, meaning they're more active at dawn and dusk, so that's why he is sleepy during the day.

Alyssa and Bugs stated exactly what I think -- since he is not neutered yet, he'll sometimes leave territorial poops, which are coated in a sort of oil that emits a smell. This is common and normal for his age.

Also, since he is getting older, his sleep cycle is probably normalizing (similar to a human baby who's sleep schedule is very random until they grow up) to what you'd expect of a normal rabbit. For example, my rabbit is asleep from 8AM until 3PM typically.

Latest posts

Back