Small poop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katnanw

Reaction score
Help! Chestnut the rescue's poop is getting smaller :( he's starting to be real fussy about his hay sigh. Its Oxbow and I'm thinking of giving him some APD Timothy Gold hay but it'll have to wait (I ordered it online .) any suggestions on how to get him to eat his hay/ make his poop bigger?
P.S there are fibre strands in his poop so he's not avoiding hay altogether, just being real fussy , that lil guy :|

Hand-feeding the hay might help, but is rather time-consuming.

Wheat bran has a lot of insoluble fiber, so I suggest introducing that to his diet. What else does he eat?

He gets a tablespoon and a half of Timothy pellets in the morning, unlimited Timothy and orchard grass oxbow hay all day.(planning to stop the orchard grass lol the big bag is full of rough leaves, smaller bag seems better.) In the afternoons when I'm back from school he gets his afternoon wheatgrass snack, then for dinner it's 2 cups of vegetables which he takes forever to finish lol. I'll also check and replenish the hay, as well as see if he pooped and how much. I add in a teaspoon of rolled oats sometimes when he looks listless to help whet his appetite. Vegetables are rotated daily and only those listed on the House Rabbit Society Website :]

His poops go on and off...theyre small then big and small again that kinda thing. Maybe he ingested too much fur >.> I gave him a papaya tablet :L

Latest posts

Back