Small bunny poop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stitch&flopsy

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this rabbit forum so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong category.

I am a little worried because one of my two rabbits will have really small poops sometimes. Both are only 4 months old. I am worried because I heard that if your rabbit has small poops it means they are sick and should se a vet. I have seen these poops every once in a while ever since I got them. Do any of your rabbits have small poos like this? Should I be worried?

Is it just a few and most of the other poop is normal, or are you seeing a lot in one day? Is it a lot smaller than usual?

Most of the other poops are normal just see these poops about 3-4 times a week. I have a pic of then below ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1392070216.372718.jpg

If there are only a few laying around, next to lots of normal sized fecal poop, and they look a bit like shriveled up mini raisins when dry, they are probably just leftover uneaten pieces of your rabbits cecotropes. If you are seeing a lot of the small ones and not many normal fecal poop, then they are probably small fecal poop due to gut slowdown. Usually from lack of water, diet imbalance(not enough fiber from hay or too many sugars and starches), or stress.
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/drop/Drp_en.htm

Thank you soo much! I was just soo worried because my first rabbit died suddenly from a upper respiratory infection so I just don't want to loose another rabbit unexpectedly 🐰Again Thank u so Much‼️😃

Latest posts

Back