Slowly making my go insane!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunbun_crazy

Reaction score
so CJ was doing ok learning how to use her litter pan but now she refuses to use it and even pees and poos in the mddle of her cageand sometimes even the floor when she is out. I clean the cage and floor with a 50-50 mix of water and viniger and clean the litter pan out, put some hay in there daily but NOTHING seems to be working.. even when i put the pee soaked paper towel in the pan she just throws it out! What do i do??:(

How old is CJ? If she's a young bunny, then you may just have to suffer with the mess until she's matured and spayed.

It can take some time to get buns litter trained. It can be frustrating too. Just be persistant.

If you have access to another bun, it might encourage CJ to use the litter box if it's got somebun elses poops and pees in it. If you have another bunny or have a friend with a bunny, take some poops and dirty litter from another bunny and put it in CJ's litter box. It should trigger her to want to mark that area as hers.

I would keep wiping up any accidents, and just be persistant. It took be about a month to get my two girls fully litter trained. They used to be awful, and would pee in the middle of the cage too. I kept wiping their cage down 3-4 times a day and eventually they got it. Now they have the best litter habits of all my buns.

--Dawn

Puberty! Run away!

This is very normal at that age. Just be persistent and keep up on your cleaning. She will grow out of it. And get her spayed when she's old enough, it helps a ton!

I just watched three rabbits at the Humane Society do this, one by one they each got super messy at the "teenage stage." Spaying helped them a lot.

Back