Sleeping buns twitching and nodding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcottonl02

Reaction score
I just went outside to check on the buns and Pippin was awake- but Benji was asleep in the main part of the hutch, all snuggled up, with his little eyes closed. But he was twitching and practically nodding in his sleep!!!!

I've never seen him asleep before- I've seen him dozing, but never fully asleep. It was like he was dreaming- like dogs do- in chasing dreams their little legs go like crazy. Well maybe he was dreaming he was eating a giant banana or something.

Oh it was so adorable. As I closed Pippin's hutch after giving him a stroke goodnight, Benji woke up, came charging over to me, and, as usual, gave me lots of lovely licks- it's so lovely- every time! It's like he hasn't seen me in years!!

Do anyone else's bunnies nod and twitch while asleep?
lol :D

when Mimi sleeps her eyes and ears twitch. Sometimes you can see her eyes half opened but her eyelids will move and her eyeballs appear to be looking in different directions but i know that she's sound asleep cos her nose is still. Sometimes when she falls asleep on my lap, i can feel her front paws move as if in a digging motion. she did squeal in her sleep once, a high pitched squeal ... and then grind her teeth.

Shes sweet when she does that :D

Browneyedgal

Funny you posted this - I always see Misty twitching in her sleep but today - I saw her scratching in her sleep - first time. LOL. She was laying down half sideways and her eyes were totally shut and she started scratching the floor with one paw. She must have been dreaming about digging. lol.

Funny bunnies.

Awwww tis well cute :p

I see our puppy running in his sleep all the ttime lol but never buns. That is so adorable.

I dont see Benji fully asleep much at all- but the twitching is so cute- especially when his little loppy ears go too!

Latest posts

Back