Sleep time

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhiszxpinay

Reaction score
I'm getting worried about my rabbit again!! ITdoesnt seem to fall asleep at nighti should say..the onlything thing to make it sleep is when i put it on my lap and pet hisears backwards..but when i try putting the rabbit in its cage whensleeping it wakes up instantly..:?

Welcome to the forum, Mhiszxpinay,

Rabbits are most active at dawn and dusk and take cat naps in betweenthat.When I had first gotten my rabbit, I felt thesame wayas he sleeps with his eyes open.

-Carolyn

No problem. :)

One of my rabbits always sleeps with his eyes open. Most seemto sleep very lightly, of course there are acceptions, but yours soundslike a light sleeper.

-Carolyn

Carolyn, thank you for your post! I alwaysthought Pauly was such a little weirdo for sleeping with one eye open.I never knew it was typical. So he's not THAT weird after all.

*laughs* Nope! Not strange at all.

Someone's got to keep an eye on you at all times! ;)

-Carolyn

Im guessing he is sleeping......lol sorry....my bun use to sleep with his eyes closed now i can tell when he issleeping he gets this glazed look in his eyes either curled up w/ frontpaws turned in or on his side stretched out...he has now taken up he's"sleep time" all laid out on my daughters bed! Like he is "king" of theworld lol:dude:

Since buns are prey animals, they naturally arevery light sleepers, all of ours are, except Jingle, my son's bewpolish buck. He will sleep through an earthquake.He is the most laid back bun I have ever seen. Everyone elseis up and alert when ever I go in to water or feed. They jumparound, rattle food dishes, you would think they werestarving. But not Jingle, by the time I get to him, he isstill asleep, eyes closed, totally relaxed. Should havecalled him "Naturally Stoned" ( really dating myself with thatone". Our new lop buck, is following in hisfootsteps. He is 11 weeks old now and we have had him for 3weeks. He is in my son's room, and doesn't budge when I goin, or pass by. Talk about sedation. His "wife" onthe other hand, is always at the door of her cage like everyone else,"asking what are you bringing me?" BUns are funny, just likepeople, each is different with thier own quirkypersonalities. Donna

Back