Skin scabs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zekapeka

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’m new here so bare with me.
My bunnies name is Peka, I got him when he was around 8-10 weeks old, and he was healthy and all quirky, same as now but recently I find him problematic. He is now nearly a half-year old, not neutered and has had swollen and genitalia, been to the vet and he says its normal and I have nothing to worry about.
(I didn’t get him neutered since he was too young at first, and then started considering having bunnies with my friends female)

Now to the current problem, I have found that he has something like small scabs/wounds all over his skin (not in a particular place but a few of them, I will upload a picture of one scab and right next to it he has another similar one, as well as one bigger between his bum and leg, on the stomach which he doesn’t want to let me see it and i dont want to trans him - it doesn’t feel like a big one, and maybe 1 or 2 more).
He recently had a problem with fur pulling from another rabbit, but they were immediately separated and I did not notice any of this, any blood or skin damage.

He doesn’t seem to mind me then I touch the skin in that area and didn’t notice any excessive grooming or biting the skin in that

If someone knows what this could be it would be really helpful since i’m always getting scared for him and can’t take him to the vet for at least a few more days since i’m in quarantine.

Attachments

• 2B701764-167A-44D0-843D-84640106718C.jpeg
    2B701764-167A-44D0-843D-84640106718C.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 1793BCD9-B7F3-4899-9187-663299384FD7.jpeg
    1793BCD9-B7F3-4899-9187-663299384FD7.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 18
I’m not experienced and I’ve had my rabbit for four months now but when i saw a scab on my rabbits back I couldn’t take her to a vet so I asked the guy that i get my hay from and he told me that if it wasn’t swollen or has mucus then it should be fine
I let it heal by itself and just cleaned it with betadine , I still don’t know what caused it, I can’t see it well in the picture, you can see mine in the abscess thread

Oh no!!! Let me know what happens to him!!! :(

Glad to see you interested, he was just scratching him-self, they just disappeared and never came back again. His skin is completely normal and there’s nothing to worry about :D

Latest posts

Back