Sir Humpalot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mummybunny

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've not posted for a while but havebeen enjoying everyone's posts. After much deliberation after we lostour housebunny Fudge to an eye abcess, we decided and got anew companion for Miffy, our french lop house bunny - she was missingFudge loads and was grooming her teddy bear too much!

We fell in love with Munchkin at the local bunny rescue. He is 3 and ahalfand is an agouti Netherland Dwarf. He is tiny compared toour 'big girl'!!

Anyways, he wasn't neutered when we brought him home, so we set him upin a pen in our living room. Wwe came home last Monday to find Munchkinhad leapt about 3 foot vertically and had got out his pen to get toMiffy - who was lying exhausted on the kitchen floor! She had obviouslybeen running away from him form goodness knows how long (she isspayed). I just hope he didn't have his way with her!!

We got him done quick smart but he is still honking at her anytime she goes near his pen and runs madly back and forward.

Anyone know how long it'll take for his hormones to settle? He was done10 days ago. We have had a couple of small introductions where theyhave sniffed each other and Munchkin has nibbled Miffy's ears and thentried to hump her, even her head so we have separated them at thatpoint.

He is such a cutie and a real lap rabbit - he loves cuddles and kisses, but we think he loves Miffy more!!

His hormones should be calming down now, he maystill try to hump her even after they are out of his system until herealizes nothing is gunna happen hehe.

At least it sounds like close to love at first sight!

Oh how I wish Gir was old enough to get him fixed. Poor Guin is getting tired of running away hehe

Well, at least he's not shy... X_X

For Umbra, his horomones didn't settledown until about two weeks or so after surgery. However, Inoticed that the mounting of my arm/hand did stop for him right aftersurgery. It was just the behavioral digging/chewing/markingstuff and whatnot that lingered after being neutered. Butit's probably a little different for each bunny.

--Melissa and Umbra

mummybunny wrote:
honk honk honk, binky, honk honk honk honk, head wiggle, honk honk honk
heheheheheh

does THAT ever sound familiar!!

Rose

P.S. a dwarf chasing a french lop??? whooooooo boy!

Latest posts

Back