simethicone

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiabia0

Reaction score
whats the dosage for simethicone? my rabbits breathing real hard like shes scared and won't eat and just wants to sit still in her cage. her stomach seems to be pushed out as well.

** this is sort of how she acted when she went thru GI statis back in april

you can give 1 cc of simethicone and also give some gentle tummy rubs.

if her behavior has not changed you can repeat1cc of simethicone in about an hour and also repeat it once more during the night if nothing changes

try to get her moving around as it will help move the gas..
I often will give a dosage of benebac although that it not typically part of the "gas " protocol

Gave her the first dose. Last time she drank it by herself but this time i had to hold her and have my mom syringe it in. Hopefully it works after 3 times like last time. Looks like I'll be up until 2:30am.

If she is eating hay and isn't all hunched up looking uncomfortable like before or breathing hard then she is probably over the episode...

so she should be Ok for the night

I decided not to give her the 3rd dose. she's going crazy over hay. she's pooping again but the poops are alittle smaller than usual, is that okay?

when Harley goes through this his first poops he do after are tiny but do get bigger after time. hope she is doing better now. :)

Her poops are fine now and she's definitely pooping a good amount again! She had some romaine earlier and she's been eating hay all morning. Thank god!

That's good to hear. The fast breathing really worried me there. I'd get some Bene-Bac or Probios soon to get the gut bacteria back in balance. You can get Bene-Bac at some pet stores in the dog/cat dept and Probios is made for horses--they might have it at Farm and Fleet, etc.

Wellll.. She seems to be having the same issues again tonight. She's pooped alittle but doesn't want to eat and her tummys dropped alittle. Any ideaS?

Is she molting? It's possible that she's getting little blockages and slowdowns from the fur. Pumpkin puree can help, and I really like a probiotic whenever things aren't moving through right for my guys. It's my first line of defense, along with the pumpkin puree.

Oh yes, pumpkin is always good to give this time of year, indeed!:D It helps to push the hair along.;)

As far as dosage, you're dong well! You can hit 2cc per hour, and even if it's not gas, it doesn't hurt anything.;) Usually a precaution.

Make sure that he is getting plenty of water too, try to moniter water intake. If that slows way down, you may need an IV.

I personally dose 2cc 2x daily. I find this helps eliminate gas. Usually, the first dose helps the most.

Yep. Sometimes Erik gets gassy. I find whenever we have trips, and he goes on a car ride, his stomach starts making a lot of noise. Stress really can cause him to get gassy. But the 2 ccs 2x a day has worked well. This was also the recommendation from his exotics vet.

Back