Simethicone

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzy

Reaction score
For the past couple of daysBunny'sstomach has been gurgling. Normally I'd give him some simethicone but he's had surgery recently and the vet has put him on two kinds of antibiotics. Is it ok to give him simethicone while he's on antibiotics?

Does he seem uncomfortable? Is he pressing his stomach to the floor or anything like that? Will he take a treat?

Do you know for sure the gurggling is abnormal for him? Just gurgling alone doesn't indicate gas.

There are certain drugs that simethicone should not be taken in conjunction with, and I believe an antibiotic may be on that list, but I can't recall any names.

Best to not treat unless you're sure he needs it and you're sure he can take it.

I'll look for more info, but our search function still isn't working, might take awhile!

sas :?

Thanks Sas.

No he's not uncomfortable at all, it's just that his tummy has been making noises for awhile. Usually it happens for short periods of time and this time it's much louder than normal. Is it normal for bunnies' stomachs to make loud noises?

I guess when he does show discomfort I'll just take him to the vet rather than mess around with meds.

Latest posts

Back