Silly things our buns do

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fancy355

Reaction score
As I was cleaning Miss Lily's cage today I had the dustpan sitting on the floor. I look over and there was Lily sitting in it. Every time I would put it down she would hop over and climb back in. So just playing with her, I took the little sweepy brush I was using to clean up the loose hay and brushed her with it. She got all mushy as if to say, don't stop. She has this fascination with the broom also. She follows it all around the kitchen when I'm sweeping. She is not afraid of the vacuum either. She just sits there and watches, and moves to where she can see better once I move out of her site.

Does anyone elses bun have strange habbits or quirks, I'd love to hear what your buns do

100_2305-1.jpg

:biggrin2:

Pebbles would run to her safe place the litter box when I turn on the vacuum. Bebe would jump up on the vacuum and sit on it. :p

That picture is so sweet!

Maddie does the exact same thing with the dustpan - I have to put her in a different room to get the cage cleaned! Berri used to attack the dustpan when I was cleaning her house out. :shock: Maddie has this weird thing she does with her feet, the top floor of her cage is fleece, and she will sit for ages pawing it, you know like a cat does? And without fail, every time the door of her cage is opened, she charges towards the little paper bin and knocks it over. EVERY TIME! :craziness She has also figured out how to open the door of my room, even though it opens inwards, haha.

Ebony is a bit more normal, haha. She does insist on peeing in the cat bed every time she's in the kitchen. :p

Haha! Oh Maddie sounds like such a character :inlove:, that's so cute!

My bunnies don't really have any weird habits, not that I can think of. Boring bunnies! :craziness

Sakura does a few cute things though, like if she's on a smooth surface and I go anywhere near her, she'll stand on her back legs and beg to be picked up. Then she will climb up to my shoulder and bury her head in my hair.

Yes she is Michelle, huge personality in a little package! :D

That is adorable about Sakura standing up the be lifted! My 2 hate being picked up, I can make them stand up for treats though. ;)

I would love if Miss lily would enjoy being picked up. Every time I try she just looks misurable. But she loves full body rubs as long as it is on her turf and not my lap! lol:rabbithop

Oh deary me, where do I start lol?!

When we sweep out the cages and empty the litter trays, we pour it all into a big plastic bucket thing before taking it out to the recycling bin (we have a big green bin that we empty all the hay, poo and litter into, as well as any paper towels we use). Anyway, if I fill it up, and then move onto the next cage, Chalk, or any other bun for that matter is GUARANTEED to jump in there and have a whale of a time eating all the old hay that they refused to eat whilst still in the cage, and digging out all the old litter I've just emptied into there!! Little cheekies!! :p

Mouse has also recently developed a fear of the wind or something, if it's windy and she's in the garden, she will put her paws up at the pen, and if I go over and lean down towards her, she literally JUMPS into my arms! If I sit down in there with them she jumps onto my lap and up at my shoulders, whilst rubbing my nose with hers... Well, yesterday I was sat there bending over looking at my camera when I felt her jump up my back onto my shoulders! She sat there for a good 5 minutes, sniffing about and nudging me lol.... Bless that funny bunner! :p:hearts

Autumn likes to run around and around in circles when she is outside playing. She will even run through the tunnel and around and round in circles! She loves being outside.

Oh and Sippi likes to get into buckets. Even if they are full of old shavings, when we are cleaning the cages he gets into them and the litter boxes all the time. He also likes to eat other bunnies' hay. He is a strange "puppy""

Magic likes to get into buckets also.

Haha Zak attacks the vacuum cleaner when i vacuum near him...he bites the end of it and tries to move it with his teeth,he's not scared of it at all....he's so funny....a lot of the time's i keep doing it because he gets annoyed with me and it's funny what he does....i never thought of this but i'm going to get a video of it over the weekend...he's a funny boy.

Latest posts

Back