Silly question about snow

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsmeyers

Reaction score
We've only had our Holland Lop since this summer, so I'm wondering ... is it okay to let him run around in the snow? He lives in a hutch that I've winterized and I'm wondering if fun time in the X pen stops once the snow flies (uh, which it's doing in Wisconsin today). I'm afraid the snow will make his feet and fur wet, which will in turn make him miserable once he's back in his hutch.

Thoughts? Do I get to make "snowbunny" jokes this winter or not? :)

I have taken my buns outside on nice days to play in the snow. It is not for long, but some of them really love it. They are all inside, so come in and can clean themselves off after.

Could you bring out a towel to towel dry him a bit before putting him away? It could help a bit with the wetness. Some extra bedding to insulate in the hutch can keep him warm.

I've let my rabbits play in the snow. Not all rabbits like it, so you'll have to see how your bun reacts, but mine loved digging in it. You'll only want to do it on colder days when the snow isn't slushy, so your rabbits feet don't get too wet, and make sure your rabbit is warm and dry when you put him back in his hutch.

AR000902 (640x482).jpg

i agree. i let my buns out in the snow and they love it!!! make sure thier hutch is comftable afterwards, and dry them off first. my buns are outside too.

Thank you! Love the pictures, people. All your rabbits are adorable. :)

Latest posts

Back