Silent Water Bottle

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killertheturtle

Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone know a good website I could get a silent water bottle? The metal clicker on my bunnies' water bottle has been waking me up and night and it driving me crazy. I cannot find any in local pet stores or pet sites I usually shop on.

Could you give them a bowl at night?

Tony wakes my son, and Clover sometimes wakes me, but Bo has a bowl.

Clover is funny.... *tick, tick, tick, tick*..... I know what you're going through.

killertheturtle wrote:
Hello,
Does anyone know a good website I could get a silent water bottle? The metal clicker on my bunnies' water bottle has been waking me up and night and it driving me crazy. I cannot find any in local pet stores or pet sites I usually shop on.
Good luck! :p Before I started giving CJ a bowl (Which I have found out he prefers) I got my dad to mod the water bottle spout, he melted a ring of rubber into the end of the bottle spout and it even stopped leaking. I give up with bottles though and the only pets of ours now that have bottles is the Guinea Pig and everyone is happier.

This water bottle uses a brass valve to deliver the water, (no balls to go clicky-clack at night! LOL!) it's a little pricey...

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=14626

You can see photo's of the valve here:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/detailed_image.cfm?pCatId=14626&alt=/images/Categoryimages/alternate/alt_25452_34353.jpg

This is similar to the set up have for all my rabbits. It doesn't rely on a vaccum within the bottle to deliver the water, so no dirt gets sucked back into the bottle.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Could you give them a bowl at night?

Tony wakes my son, and Clover sometimes wakes me, but Bo has a bowl.

Clover is funny.... *tick, tick, tick, tick*..... I know what you're going through.

I have been using a bowl at night. The only reason I don't like bowls for these buns (my flemish does great with a bowl) is because Rocket sheds so much that it is impossible to keep clean and they like to throw their toys in it (which would be fine, but they are on my carpet).
I think I will get that bottle that Blue Giants linked to.
Thanks everyone.

Latest posts

Back