Signs to watch out for?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aushi

Reaction score
So I bought two 1 month old rabbits two months ago (long story short, where I live, they do not sell them any older and there's no such things as shelters to adopt older ones). Because they are young and the same gender, I have been housing them together. They cuddle, groom each other and such just fine. But I know this could be temporary because they aren't hormonal yet.

Around me I have *no* rabbit savvy vets, but I have found some a few hours away who are and are willing to spay them when they're 6 months old. I know they can start being hormonal at 4 months old so I was wondering what signs should I watch for that may mean they are starting to be territorial and might be dangerous to house together?

I understand bunnies have different personalities and even after spaying they might never get along, that's why I bought extra boxes of panels to make an extra cage just in case, but so far, probably because they are babies, they get along marvelously.

So what are the signs? I've read chasing and such, but anything more detailed?

I think you'll know pretty quickly. When my baby bunnies started to fight, I first noticed their cage had been really messed up and there were clumps of fur around. They had been chasing each other and pulling fur while I was gone. They will also hump each other, for dominance as well as attempts to mate, even if they are the same sex.

Thanks! Luckily for me Im home most of the time so I'm sure I can keep an eye out and nothing bad happen :c I already made a second cage just in case xD

Chasing, mounting, humping, fur pulling, circling and grunting/honking are all signs that they're starting to get hormonal.

Latest posts

Back