Signs bunny is comfortable?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SecurityStacey

Reaction score
I know I've already posted a bunch, but new mommies are always nervous.

I was reading about bonding with your bunny and I think Bill is doing great!

He will lay down with his back legs flopped out in the middle of the room or next to me when I sit on the floor. He has no problem coming up to me and demanding an ear rub or eating a treat out of my hand. He is also very curious and as I open up each new space (as it is bunny proofed) it doesn't take him long to go investigating.

Also, when I lay down on the floor and he puts his head down I pet his head and rub his ears (he'll lay still and close his eyes) and when I stop he will come over and fuss around my hair, is he grooming me back? He will also give me bunny kisses on my nose when I'm laying down.

I don't want to mix up him being affectionate with him feeling like he has to be submissive and someone mentioned that those actions could be him submitting?

He's only been here for 2 weeks, he is 10 months old and he came from a shelter - does it sound like he is getting nice and comfy at his home?

i dont no much but... my bunnies run away from me ...:(

i think he is doin really well. keep it up.

he does not seem 2 be subbmissing. he is showing caring and trust...:D

Sounds like you are doing great. Give yourself a crasin!

That's absolutely wonderful! You've got a very happy, trusting camper!

OH believe me, it isn't me - it's all Bill. I just sit there and rub his ears when he wants it.

I can't believe he is this well behaved, litter trained and outgoing and he was given up to a shelter. The people at the shelter told me that his owners gave him up because they said he kicked them when they tried to pick him up.

It sounds like you have a very happy (and trusting) bunny! It took my guy over three years to give me bunny kisses! I almost had a heart attack when he first gave me kisses! Congrats on your snuggle bunny!

slavetoabunny wrote:
SecurityStacey wrote:
I just sit there and rub his ears when he wants it.
It sounds like Bill is training you well, lol.

It really didn't even take him long, did it.

He is really getting into this training thing - I was walking past his cage this morning when I got home from work and let him out and he threw his food dish out of his cage and hit me in the leg with it... I guess that means its time for Breakfast.

SecurityStacey wrote:
He is really getting into this training thing - I was walking past his cage this morning when I got home from work and let him out and he threw his food dish out of his cage and hit me in the leg with it... I guess that means its time for Breakfast.
Yup, bunnies are the master at training their owners... I mean slaves. Toby jumps up on the bed and finds ways to irritate me if I don't get up in time for his breakfast... :grumpy:

SecurityStacey wrote:
and he threw his food dish out of his cage and hit me in the leg with it... I guess that means its time for Breakfast.

Guess so! LOL!

He's so funny!

Latest posts

Back