sick rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcl farms

Reaction score
i just bought a group of breedig age does and one of them has already died and the second one is acting very funny her symptoms are very lethargic,no appetite,she lays around with her head and front feet in her water bowl she has gotten very thin we have been giving her sulfazine and tetracycline medicated water can anyone tell me what this might be and what else i might try any help would be great thanks in advance

pla725 wrote:
Could be GI issues or a virus? I would get to vet.

I agree with this ; itmay be any number of infectious agents and the buns should be seen by a vet.
Separate these rabbits from the rest of your stock and separate the sick ones from the ones that appear healthy.

be sure to disinfect cages and anything the sick rabbits have had contact with bleach and water solution

There is a condition called floppy bunny syndrome; the orign is uncertain . one possible cause is low potassium

these buns could probably be helped by the electrolytes in subqutaneous fluids and until you can get that from a vetI would get childrens electrolyte drink ( pedilalyte) and syringe it to the buns( if they will swallow.)
This sounds serious so i wouldn't waste any time

It sounds like she is in very certain distress. What you're talking about right now is not specific to any one disease but is a sign of general very poor health. She may be at death's door and needs to see a vet really soon.

Latest posts

Back