sick bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
Ooooooo, does Fenwick hate his mommy!!!! :p

His nose was so bad, because he can't clean it when that junk freezes.It is bitter cold here. So he got to come inside....and mommy cleanedALL that junk off with a Q-tip and water. Someone was NOThappy!He jerked his head away every time he saw that Q-tipcoming, like a little kid with a messy face. "NO! NO! NO! WAAAAAAH!" Ihad to hold his fat cheeks with one hand, pin him under my arm, andclean with the other hand.

After about fifteen minutes of wrestling,I got it all off(gently!). It's very swollen and raw, but he has a touch of vaseline onthere now.

Afterwards, he was running around like mad (especially in the oppositedirection from me!), rejoicing in the fact that he could wiggle hislittle nose again. It looked like he felt much better. Not that thatmeans I'm forgiven.;)

On a sadder note, poor evil old Smokey is pretty bad. I went out thismorning and she was sitting in her box crying. It was thishorrible whimpering sound with every breath.

She has hated and despised me her whole long life, but I can't stand tosee her suffer. She's living in the laundry room for awhile. If shedies, at least she'll be comfortable. BTW, the whimpering stopped whenshe got inside!

So we'll see.....

Rose

I'm glad you brought them in. It's so cold in so many places.

Poor widdle nose on da bunny! I hope it heals really quick!

Oh, wow ... poor Fenny. :( Ihate to see him suffering like this. I wish there wassomething that we could do for him. As a longtime allergysufferer I have some sense of what he's going through with the addedproviso that he doesn't really quite understand why he's suffering likethis.

Rose, please give him a raisin and a kiss on the forehead from me.

rabbitgirl wrote:
...On a sadder note, poor evil old Smokey is pretty bad. I went outthis morning and she was sitting in her box crying. It was thishorrible whimpering sound with every breath.

She has hated and despised me her whole long life, but I can't stand tosee her suffer. She's living in the laundry room for awhile. If shedies, at least she'll be comfortable. BTW, the whimpering stopped whenshe got inside!
Awww, if anything tugs at my heartstrings, it is the whimpering ours doon occasion, especially during manicure time, but I have to steel myheart and procede to the conclusion. I do try to talk babytalk to them on those occasions.

Thank goodness, you brought her in. No bunny "deserves" todie alone, much less in the cold. What is wrong withSmokey? Old age?

Buck

Buck Jones wrote:
Awww, if anything tugs at my heartstrings, it is the whimpering ours doon occasion, especially during manicure time, but I have to steel myheart and procede to the conclusion. I do try to talk babytalk to them on those occasions.

Thank goodness, you brought her in. No bunny "deserves" todie alone, much less in the cold. What is wrong withSmokey? Old age?

Buck
Smokey is the oldest rabbit I have ever seen. She is somewhere around13 yrs. old--a Netherland Dwarf who wasn't supposed to live past 3-6.She weighs 2.5 lbs., has arthritis and is almost totally blind fromcataracts. In addition, she has several fatty tumors and other issues Iprobably don't know about.

Anyway, even though she hates me, that crying was pathetic. I actuallyheard her from outside the box, she was whimpering so loud. She seemscontent now, and is not making noise anymore. I probably won't take herout again until temps hit around 30F or so. She'll have to stay in theporch for a few hours to re-acclimate. I think she'll be in until afterthe holidays.

Rose

BunnyMommy wrote:
Oh, wow ... poor Fenny. :( I hate to seehim suffering like this. I wish there was something that wecould do for him. As a longtime allergy sufferer I have somesense of what he's going through with the added proviso that he doesn'treally quite understand why he's suffering like this.

Rose, please give him a raisin and a kiss on the forehead from me.
I hate it too. I'm doing everything I can think of, but one just can't eliminate every allergen. :(

Actually, when I went out, he wasn't as angry as I expected!! Must feelbetter. I couldn't hardly find his little nose under all that junk. Itlooks unbelievably swollen now, but at least it's clean. And vaselinewon't freeze, which means hopefully the stuff won't accumulate if Ikeep up with the vaseline.

Rose

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I'm glad you brought them in. It's so cold in somany places.

Poor widdle nose on da bunny! I hope it heals really quick!

I hope so too!! Fenny is still outside, so I really hope it improves. I only have one kennel right now....and Smokey's in it....

Poor boy...even JimD wouldn't want to kiss that yucky little nose. :p;)

Maybe he'll be cute again soon!

Rose

Latest posts

Back