Sick Bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KristieB wrote:
jwark wrote:
I'ts like a miracle. An hour after giving her the meds she is eating and pooping like a maniac. Thank god!
I'm new here but wanted to ask what meds were you given?
I'm Glad that she is getting help now
I am wondering the same thing about the meds.

is she being given an antibiotic ?
and also what other meds ?

Metcam, cissapride, metoclopramide, and dmg for an antioxidant. Plus, still on cillin. This new vet said to halt baytril until we can get the swelling down so he can actually see what is going on in her left ear. He will further diagnose at that point.

Yeah she is pooping and eating like a maniac still. I am trying to get her as much fluids as possible. She does drink but she drinks about 12 ml then stops for an hour then will drink 12 more. I think that is enough? She seems pretty normal as far as that goes. She has really been tearing through the cilantro.

She is also trying so hard to stand up, that's something I haven't seen yet at all. I think the pain medication is doing wonders for her.

It looks like this is going to be a long recovery process. At least she is slowly improving now. She actually stood up last night, only for about 3 seconds but she is a fighter. She eats and drinks on her own now! That has made it a lot easier. Things are looking up and hopefully will continue to get better every day.

Thank you all for your help. I found these forums to be a great resource.

I'm glad you got her to a vet that was able to help. I hope she continues to improve. Please keep us updated

Latest posts

Back