Shya-she does what she wants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad to hear Kai (love the name) is pooing and peeing.

He's absolutely gorgeous. Just love those ears!

Shya is really peeved that there's another bunny. But she'll get over it. The initial territorial show all bunnies do eventually subsides. But it isa bit frustrating. I would corral her in until she calms down and accepts the fact that Kai isn't going anywhere.

K:)

Kai's picture shows why the on-top-of-the-tv antennas were called rabbit ears; you might adjust one side straight up & the other side straight sideways.

Soooo we were supposed to be on a plane in Mallorca yesterday (the 13th). Kai had his little tummy upset and was on the upswing and we thought ok it's safe to get excited about going. Then on the 12th as I was trying to check in for our flight and print our boarding passes I realized my passport expired. ahhhhh! emergency appointment to the us consulate and a 2 hour drive later I had an emergency passport. It was going to cost 300 bucks to get our tickets changed so we figured we'd just chalk up our losses and spend the money on a cheap hotel and go to the fairytale castles in Bavaria. Heck we had petsitters and we could make it a three day trip. We'll just drive out in the morning and go. I get a phone call this morning bright and early from a German saying he has my dog. Seriously?! I call the pet sitter "hey stephanie how many dogs to you have?"
"1, 2, 3,....Sam?"
"*sigh* he's not there here's the number to the guy who found him"
Well it turns out Sam escaped from his yard too and was running amuck around the neighborhood.
30 minutes later Stephanie finds him. Sitting at the front door. Looking for second breakfast.
So we just went and got the pups, canceled the hotel and decided the universe was trying to tell us something.
I get home and I'm cleaning rabbit boxes. I hear this sound and peek around the corner. Shya is ripping through the garbage bag looking for God only knows what. I toe her away from the bag and she turns around and promptly bites me in the foot.

This will be my last bunny blog as I have taken everyone last one of them to the pound

Just kidding. I didn't really need a vacation. I come by those bald spots naturally.

:( I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine going through it. It made me tear up.

I was so sad for you when I read this. My mini rex Houdini had gas back in December 2011, and it was the most horrible experience. He wouldn't eat or drink, and kept laying down on his belly and scooting himself across the floor with his back feet. Freaked me out- and it was on a weekend, and of course, there are NO rabbit specialty vets where I live that are open or even on emergency call on weekends. I was up for 24 hours straight with him. Thankfully, a friend of mine knows a show rabbit breeder and she had some good advice that worked for us. I had been trying to give him water and softened pellets all day and he wouldn't take ANYTHING- not even his favorite treat Craisins. She suggested this: baby gas drops, Gatorade, and banana. I used the baby gas drops 3 times in an hour, as instructed. I gave him Gatorade several times that hour, along with some water, so he had electrolytes. Mashed banana was his solid food. After using her advice, he was up on his own, drinking water, and using his litter box. I was ecstatic. He has a VERY sensitive system and cannot eat ANYTHING out of the normal from his hay, pellets, SOME greens (cilantro and parsley), and the occasional Craisin. His body can't handle anything else.

My female Mama Bun had gas just about 2 months ago and I went through the same thing. Again, did the gas drops, Gatorade, and banana and she was fine after a couple hours. I would suggest this remedy to anyone now.

I'm sorry again, for your bunny loss.

:( I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine going through it. It made me tear up.

I was so sad for you when I read this. My mini rex Houdini had gas back in December 2011, and it was the most horrible experience. He wouldn't eat or drink, and kept laying down on his belly and scooting himself across the floor with his back feet. Freaked me out- and it was on a weekend, and of course, there are NO rabbit specialty vets where I live that are open or even on emergency call on weekends. I was up for 24 hours straight with him. Thankfully, a friend of mine knows a show rabbit breeder and she had some good advice that worked for us. I had been trying to give him water and softened pellets all day and he wouldn't take ANYTHING- not even his favorite treat Craisins. She suggested this: baby gas drops, Gatorade, and banana. I used the baby gas drops 3 times in an hour, as instructed. I gave him Gatorade several times that hour, along with some water, so he had electrolytes. Mashed banana was his solid food. After using her advice, he was up on his own, drinking water, and using his litter box. I was ecstatic. He has a VERY sensitive system and cannot eat ANYTHING out of the normal from his hay, pellets, SOME greens (cilantro and parsley), and the occasional Craisin. His body can't handle anything else.

My female Mama Bun had gas just about 2 months ago and I went through the same thing. Again, did the gas drops, Gatorade, and banana and she was fine after a couple hours. I would suggest this remedy to anyone now.

I'm sorry again, for your bunny loss.

Thank you for the very kind words. I will definitely add that to my list of tricks. I have the baby gas drops on hand now and will never be without. Teddy Baer was a sensitive baby and his little heart wasn't that strong either. My other rabbit has a gut like a cast iron skillet. She still gets so many "belly checks" she's started to running when she sees me. Our new baby gets them quite frequently as well. He had his first encounter with the stethoscope today and took it like a champ. Turns out it was just my gut I was hearing. The paranoia will go away eventually but not the hyper vigilance.

Oh. My. God.

My boyfriend Trav has been talking about wanting a giant for a while- this just confirmed it. I showed him the pictures and his eyes went all buggy and gooey at the same time. That's the cutest thing EVER. He'd make a good guard rabbit! LOL!

My Houdini (Mini Rex/New Zealand) is skittish and a pain in the @$$ to give medication to. He weighs 8 pounds (not so Mini) but you'd think with the way he fought me when I gave him gas drops he weighed 50.

Some rabbits are just stubborn.

Also- you have rabbit addiction. I used to have it, too. I spread it to Trav. He's not over it yet. lol. It takes some personal restraint not to collect them. We have four right now. I have to keep reminding him that WE DON'T HAVE ROOM FOR ANYMORE! He pouts.

In answer to my previous question Giants poop more than a smaller rabbit. A bigger gut to hold more! His poops are bigger to so at least I can tell the difference between Shya and Kai. Kai has had a litter box for three days now and no peeing outside of it. Occasional pellets in different places but he's only nine weeks old. And better than Shya is!

16406_160401_010000004.jpg

I have a million pictures of her like this but it's my favorite pose. That cushion is machine washable :p Rotten thing

16406_160401_010000003.jpg

They do better through the baby gate then Kai's x-pen. No fighting. They just lay near each other
16406_160401_010000002.jpg

big butt

16406_160401_010000001.jpg

chillaxin in his litter box
16406_160401_010000000.jpg

almost got it all figured out.

Glad to hear they are both getting along well.

He's gorgeous! What ears he has and he's only 9 weeks old? There is no doubt in my mind, they aren't ears, that's radar!

K:)

So we let Kai and Shya meet face to face today. And while she opened with ripping out a mouth full of his fur it went pretty well. She speed bumped him a couple of times but his curiosity got the better of him. For Shya, Kai's food got the better of her. I dont think he was trying to hump her but it looked like he was trying to sit on her. He never once growled, boxed, or pinned his ears. Shya was...well she was herself.
16406_171355_230000002.jpg

you smell funny

16406_171355_230000001.jpg

move over evil

16406_171355_230000000.jpg

my food

[ame=http://youtu.be/GRkCFTLPSTU]http://youtu.be/GRkCFTLPSTU[/ame]

Dont know if this will work but it's Kai zooming around and being hyper. Every time I went to capture him in full binky he would stop and wash himself

I just had to say you're post are a riot!!!! Laying in bed next to my love, my human love lol, and suppose to be sleeping but trying so hard not to giggle him awake LOL Anywho I just got a bunny too, she looks similar to your ears with a bunny lol and she's about 6-7 weeks, she's half Flemish giant :) no name yet....

Congrats on your new big baby! We haven't had Kai very long but I love the giant breeds. I love my little Shya but she gets stepped on and tripped over. Partially her own fault because she's always running under your feet. You dont miss Kai.

Latest posts

Back