Shunned by the Bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foreverblue127

Reaction score
Last night My female (peanut) bun's pen broke. So because I needed to put her some place safe, my only option was to put her in my other male (Bun Bun) bun's hutch and leave him in the pen. That was an experience! She thumped loudly at him from inside the hutch. He ran frantically around the hutch trying to get at her. Pulling on the bars. Today it's no big deal to them. I guess they got over it. Because she sits by the bars and he leaves her alone. But he is ignoring me completely. :( Unless I pet her, then he gets all jealous and runs over. Now they have not been in actually physical contact, just through the cage. She is fixed, he is not. I was thinking of trying to bond them eventually. Is it a good sign that they settled down so quickly? And is my Bun just really mad at me or totally preoccupied by the other Bun.

As I read, bonding bunnies needs a period of time. It depends on bunnies' personalities though. But if I may, I'd suggest you to neuter your boy too if you plan to bond them 'cause he might occasionally be hormonal and they might hurt each other accidentally. It's hard to tell whether Bun Bun is mad at you or he's so interested in Peanut now. It's too soon. You can find many posts here which people post they bonding process.
Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back