Showing my bun for the first time

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amdfarm

Reaction score
This is probably stupid, but it's how I think (blame the titanium in my head!)

After going to my first rabbit show and watching "my" breed represent on the table and listening to what the judges had to say about each and every single one put up there. I'm SUPER nervous about what the judge will say about my beautiful bun.

I know she's not perfect, nothing is, but I'm freaking out that she'll totally bomb in her class and people will wonder why I even bothered to bring her type thing. I will still love her to pieces either way. But I do want to improve on the breed and see where this goes, as I'm having a ball w/ it. I'm also not a sore loser and congratulate everyone for their placings. I'm a good sportswoman in that sense, always have been.

I've made a wonderful new friend, fairly local, that also breeds FG and she's been doing it for a loooong time and is wanting me to bring her to the next show, as she's got a couple of nice bucks that would work well w/ her, but she wants to see her first and she wants me to show, as well. Now I'm more nervous than I was before. I've gone from excited to scared to death!!

Sad huh?

HELP EASE MY FEARS PLEASE.... I'm soooo nervous!! :shock:

I really wouldn't worry how you do. I thought you said she was 10 months? which she's still young for a Flemmie. She'll fill out more and grow more. So bad comments you may get today may change in the next few months.

And it can be tough taking last, but it's just fun to show, and its a hard lesson everyone learns from time to time. I am generally a filler for my friend with Fuzzies. I've a buck that did EXTREMELY well for a youth breeder. Jakes actually got pretty much the top fuzzies in the nation for youth, he was mentioned in the new Domestic Rabbits Magazine. But my rabbit with 3 legs that are BOBs, doesn't compete in open. And it bothers me, but it's a learning experience.

Just have fun and even if you don't do as good as you hope, you're learning and at the end of the day you have Hope. =)

TRust me youll get hooked like we did. If its a single show and your bun doesnt do so well then try another couple of shows as long as there are no DQ's envolved. All judges are differeant. One might say last place when the next might say first. This is why I love doubles. More judges and more opinions. If it doesnt work out at all and you still want to show, then put your FG as pet and get another bun thats show and try again. After time youll see and know what expected of a rabbit before hand. It takes time. We are still learning. I dont think you ever stop.

I would definitely show her, it doesn't hurt to just see what the judge thinks. She doesn't have any DQ's right? I think you should go for it and don't worry if she get's last. I don't think about the placement, I listen to the judges for feedback. It's what I paid the entry fee for and if we win or do well it's just icing on the cake.;-) You can learn a lot at a show and with the new stock it sounds like a deal you can't pass up! Go for it!

Oh...and let us know how it goes too.:-D

Awww, shucks, thanks Ladies!! :) I feel a little better now. And yes, in the end, I'll still have Miss Hope.

She'll be 10 months on the 3rd. No DQ's on her.

And yes, I'll let know how we do.

It's a two day show, but I can only go one day since I have prior committments.

Thanks again. :)

Great! Remember, have fune! We had tons. When you get to the hole and put your FG in, youll get excited and less nervous. Make sure you pull your bun out right from the hole because after we showed Boy Boy our choc. we found out that his nail was bleeding. We dont know who did it, but thank gosh it is growing back. We dont need anymore DQ's.

Thanks, Lindy. I've shown before, just not my own rabbits. I've put a lot of FG's on the table, talk about a workout!! :p I helpedmy bun'sbreeder at the last show a few weeks ago and had an absolute ball. I loved listening to the judges (it was a double show) and meeting new people. I was in bunny heaven.

Believe me if it was all about winning or doing well, I'd never take my horses to horseshows. I do it because I enjoy it and have a good time. When it's no longer I'll quit, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. 33 years w/ equines and still going strong and having fun. Hope to do bunnies for that long or more if I'm able.

L.

We were so nervous when we first showed Lucy, She was the only Red in open or youth and one of the writers mistook her for a castor. At least we won BOV HAHA. Don't be afraid. Most other breeders don't pay much attention to anything besides their rabbits anyways. Each judge judges differently. Like at our last show... you didn't know who was last because she picked her BOV and sent everybody else off the table, but I don't know how Flemmies are judged

W/ the last show, the judges put them into placings w/ the last first and explained why he put that rabbit behind the other and so on down the line. Very informative and I know what to look for. One of those same judges will be at this next show. I already know what he likes and what he doesn't. LOL

Latest posts

Back