Showing for 4-H need help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandy

Reaction score
Hi! I have 2 kids in 4-H. My son is 8 and showinga Flemish Giant and my daughter is 11 and showing a siemese satin.Could anyone help me with some info on good points and faults to lookfor and any other questions the judge might ask? The show is coming upJuly 16th so a quick response would help. Thank you for your time.

I have some 4-H questions on my website http://www.geocities.com/pamnock

Most counties have a basic check list that the judge uses. I have an extensive check list on my site.

The Standard Of Perfection from the American Rabbit Breeders Associtionlists the breed standards. I'd be glad to help you withspecific questions, but all the faults and DQ's are too extensive forme to list here.

It's very important that the exhibitor is comfortable with handlingtheir rabbit for showmanship, so they will need to practice a littleevery day. Remember, that this is "showman"ship, so excellentpublic speaking skills along with a good knowledge of the showmanshipchecklist and breed specific info will earn an exhibtor a top placing.

Pam - 4-H Showmanship/Project Judge and and ARBA Rabbit Judge

Thank you very much for the info and for being soquick! We will go over this tonight when we take the rabbits out. Thankyou again.

Back