Show Rabbit Nutrition

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What kind of nutrition does a show bunny need to enhance coat etc.? Do you give them a standard rabbit feed and just add extra vitamins/ minerals? What do all of you out there give your rabbits to enhance them before a show? And I don't mean meat rabbits....

I feed Purina -- the blue bag. Most people around here do the green bag, but many are switching. Most of the showers do Purina in general -- and a couple do Big Red.

I like Purina blue bag. It's like the green, with no corn.

http://www.rabbadwordow.com/ECMD2-0019046.aspx I tried to post a link, but it's being censored. :p Replace the "rabbadwordow" with rabbit chow, no space. XD

Don't overfeed pellets, or you will have a fat bunny. Make sure to give lots of grass hay.

I use a 50/50 mix of Purina green bag and Blue Seal Show Hutch Deluxe right now. The rabbits LOVE it and are in great condition (finally).

Most importantly, use a food that is reliable, always available, and in FRESH quantities. Check the milling dates and I suggest not feeding anything more than 3-4 months old. I prefer 1-2 months at the latest.

Some people add a sprinkle of oats on top of the feed each night, and I also free feed grass hay.

Latest posts

Back