Show quality?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted in your other thread about the buck. I do not like how any of the other rabbits look at all right now. They could be going through an ugly phase but if this person also breeds pets then they could just be pet quality. If you're just starting out I would recommend an adult rabbit until you know the standard for mini lops. It is easily accessible for the BRC

I believe Sarah simply mistook another members post for one of yours.

The second post you made in this topic the rabbits are not even properly posed and the camera angle is too high. Very hard to tell how good a rabbit is when their not composed properly. Poor photos can give false ideals about certain aspects of the rabbit.

Sarah has previously posted this link I think you should check it out.
http://www.hoppinherdofhares.com/miniloptype.html

None of these photos are even remotely suitable to gauge a rabbits quality from.
If you are seriously interested in one of these rabbits and ask the seller to send you some properly posed and properly composed photos.

Also if you are looking for real show quality rabbits you might want to start with older rabbits. Babies may look okay when they're young but can change as they get older.

If you are looking for a specific breed do some research on that breeds standard and learn how to evaluate that breed properly before buying

I'm showing sheep at the castle hill show and they have a rabbit section this year so I will have a look

I've found that the best way to get a show quality rabbit is by going to the show and talking with the breeders. You get a chance to see their lines and see how they do on the judging table. Take some cash with you because they may even sell one to you that day. Decide the breed you want before you go. It's easy to get distracted by all those beautiful breeds out there but you need to focus on one at a time. Taking a rabbit to show means that you are breeding for perfection and you should be able to spot it over time. We all improve our lines over time if we are serious about showing our rabbits. Read the ARBA guidelines and have someone show you what each point means. You don't want to buy a rabbit for show and have it disqualified at your first show because one of it's nails are the wrong colour!

Latest posts

Back