Should she stay or should she go? UPDATE: YukonDaisy Gets Newt!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone!!!

We're back!!! Newt made it safe and sound, I just finished constructing him a temporary enclosure. He was eating and drinking no problem from the start.

And you know what??? I... forgot... to... bring... my... camera!!!!! How dumb is that? So I had to buy a disposable for the trip. I didn't get many good pictures, anyway, so it's not so bad. I just took some pics with my digital camera, so I'll post those in my blog in a bit.

This trip wasn't all happy, though. We had, of course, brung the dogs with us. Well, my 13 year old girl, Daisy, who's been with me since I was 12, who is my whole world, who I love more than anything, fell off my sister's deck, which is one story up (aprox 12 feet.)

She couldn't walk, she couldn't even stand. There are no vets in Stewart, the nearest are in Terrace, three hours away. My sister phones a nurse to come look at her, she doesn't say good things. We phone the two clinics in Terrace to check if either can see us, yes one can, but the vet is at his other clinic in another town, Kitimat, we should reach Terrace at the same time. We load up and rush to Terrace, the longest drive ever.

But long story, short. It looks like she'll be ok, eventually. She has no broken bones, but did sustain a pretty bad head injury. It seems that just her coordination is affected and she tires quite easily, but he personality is the same.

So, it was a veeeeeery stressful trip, but it ended happily! So yay!

Ok, now to upload pics and post in my blog.

:woohoo

But poor Daisy!I hope with a little rest she'll be as good as new! :sickbunny:

Sorry you had stress on the trip. Hug your puppy and your new bunny for me!

sas :hug1

Thanks Sas! I'll pass on the hugs for you, I'm sure they'll be appreciated.

I updated about Daisy in my blog, she seems to improve a tiny bit each day. She can stand for a short time now, but I can tell it tires her out.

Latest posts

Back