Should my sick indoor bunny get more warmth??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreabaylon

Reaction score
So right now I am nursing little Nibbler, my 2.5 lb dwarf, who has some sort of abcess/infection on the right side of his face. He's on antibiotics and painkillers and we are syringe feeding him for a few days. He lives in a 4x4 xpen and I've given him a couple hidey-boxes but he seems uninterested in going inside them. I don't turn the heat on so it is about 60 degrees inside (heater is blown). Should he be kept warmer? Or is he ok? Should I give him a little blanket/towel and set it in the area he usually relaxes in? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :biggrin:

My dwarf lies right next to the heater when it's blasting hot air and that's when she's well. I think the little guys do better when it's warmer.

A blanket or towel would be nice. I can't get my dwarfs to burrow in hay, and they'll only go in the hidey boxes if they have a good view out, especially watching the door to the room.

They like to position themselves to watch for predators.

sas :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back